Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Disable the Diretide map

Banned

[Suggestion] Disable the Diretide map

The Halloween mode. I want to play Dota, but I find the current map really distracting and especially the Shadows and the Fog causing me problems. It seems like I can only see half as much as before, and I also have big difficulties to watch the minimap :<
    The contrast of the map is way too low, it's almost like a grayscale game with red tinge. I know there are a lot of people who like this map, but I have trouble playing it.

Is there any way to use the old map?

Should be a client-side option of which to display, since presumably it's functionally identical

Typhox, everyone knows you are too scared to play it - atleast admit it
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

i find the map pretty awesome, but will take some time to get used to it.
    they should defiantly keep some graveyards and candles when they change back to the regular map.

got to agree that the fog is annoying though. the river also is a bit bad colored, some units almost "melt" into it so you can't recognize them as fast.

I hope Valve adds more optional stuff overall. there's a lot of things i'd like to play with / without.
    Never underestimate the power of the masses.

So the diretide map is universal? been so busy playing dire tide I haven't played the normal game lately. lol

Banned
    +1, this keeps me from playing

Also diretide games shouldn't be recorded since there is no practice lobby. Now I got a free loss becase I wasn't familiar with the new gamemode.

Quote Originally Posted by gergeux View Post
    +1, this keeps me from playing

Also diretide games shouldn't be recorded since there is no practice lobby. Now I got a free loss becase I wasn't familiar with the new gamemode.
    It doesnt count to your normal Win/Lose stat on your page

and also the new map is epic. I love playing it in normal game mode, I think you guys need to get your eyes checked out.

Basic Member
    +1!
    This keeps me away from the game.
    Just add a funktion in the video option to turn if off. Or sett the tournement map to be normal.
    Searched for a CM game and still got this map got extreamly sad on my life....

It's horrible, I cannot even play because headache I got from fog in that map.
    And that new Death Prophet announcer is absolutely irritating (I want the old one back).

I would really like to play, but I cannot.

Please excuse mistakes in my english, it's not my first language.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanBB View Post
    It's horrible, I cannot even play because headache I got from fog in that map.
    And that new Death Prophet announcer is absolutely irritating (I want the old one back).

I would really like to play, but I cannot.
    and its not only the fact that i also have to listen to death prophet ... i cannot turn it off or change to my payed dr.kleiner announcer ... i think they have to work a little bit more at the item system ... so thats easier to change between the announcers ...

but anyway ty valve for the great game ...