Thread: (suggestion)keyboard viewer player perspective

Basic Member

(suggestion)keyboard viewer player perspective

I just had an idea and thought i would share it to see what you think,would it be possible to add a kewboard viewer so that people could see what keys are being used by the player in player perspective, something like a small tab that you could open at the bottom of the screen and show a keyboard and whenever the player presses a key that key would highlight? i thought this would be a neat thing to impliment and could show which hotkeys some of the pro players use.
    Last edited by A boo boo; 11-02-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Basic Member
    I would love to see this being implemented.

+1.

+1 i really wanted to see it in other games.

Basic Member
    +1
    This would make watching pro replays a lot more useful.
    A nice party of the feature would be seeing the assigned action when hovering keys on this keyboard.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    +1

So I'm getting that
    -their binds will show up e.g. Q W E R
    -and keypresses will be highlighted e.g. hitting Q will high-light the key for .3 sec?

??

Seems cool :0

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invoqwer View Post
    So I'm getting that
    -their binds will show up e.g. Q W E R
    -and keypresses will be highlighted e.g. hitting Q will high-light the key for .3 sec?

??

Seems cool :0
    I picture it different:

Take for example a Chen player, you could see his group bindings and how he shuffles through them to use each groups actions.
    Or a Tinker player, you could see how he uses shift queuing to determine spells and items orders.
    I, for example, am not fond of the qwer binding, I use legacy keys which I know by heart, this could be the case with other players that use different keys for different spells, a player starting out could use this information to change his bindings into ones that would be more comfortable to him.

I believe this should be implemented.
    +1

No, not it is not (Not direct key strokes anyway). That would require keylogging. I don't think people will take kindly to keylogging as the server could then end up picking up passwords if you switch to something else if game is paused due to dc's. etc.

The only other way i guess to possibly do is to reference hotkey list then abillities cast/ input. This wouldn't be keylogging but instead recording the spell cast(already done anyways) and adding a hotkey to it that was set from the Config in settings.

Otherwise +1 why not

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    No, not it is not (Not direct key strokes anyway). That would require keylogging. I don't think people will take kindly to keylogging as the server could then end up picking up passwords if you switch to something else if game is paused due to dc's. etc.

The only other way i guess to possibly do is to reference hotkey list then abillities cast/ input. This wouldn't be keylogging but instead recording the spell cast(already done anyways) and adding a hotkey to it that was set from the Config in settings.

Otherwise +1 why not
    This. Keylogging is a no go, but the game exactly knows what was pressed, as it was given as an order to the unit. Seeing this orders, either as orders or as keys, would be awesome. I think however that this has been already suggested, as I can remember a post from Blash.