Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we expect better item icons?

Well, some icons is really nice done. (Demon edge for instance). While some just makes me want to hang myself. (Aghanims/Urn). But I am sure the ones that look like crap are placeholders.

I really like alot of the icons, actually. They're very easily distinguishable, and none of them stand out as very bad.

Basic Member
    A small number of icons look, well, let's just say not up to standard.

My list:

Assault Cuirass; It's supposed to look hellish? After all it was forged in River Styx.
    Force Staff; Looks like a staff with a giant worm mouth.
    Armlet; Looks like a studded glove rather than an armlet that degenerates a hero.
    Maelstrom; It's a toy hammer?

Basic Member
    My quick-take on this topic: yes, some of the icons are pretty bland and too simple; mostly the small icons with black backgrounds. Still liking the DotA items more.. not sure why, maybe cause they're a bit more aethetically pleasing

I agree with the fact that some are clean and precise, and I really like it, but some items look a little bit too simple, which I hope Valve may change in the future.

IMHO they items are just great. They seem a bit simple and plain but it's ok! Maybe some coloring would change the appearance.

Basic Member
    The icons looks so..... unpolished. It's one of my biggest dislikes about the current art, most other things look great tbh. It's not a priority thing to fix, but I just wish they would give some feedback whether or not they will patch them up a bit. Throw us a bone here!

Banned
    Agree. Items reminded me those browser mmorpgs back in 2004-2005

Basic Member
    I think the items are fine. Some might need a little bit of finetuning, but in general the simple style is appealing and makes it memorable.

Basic Member
    the first (very common) item icon that i didnt like is the Gauntlet of strength, it looks like glove of haste :S