Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Can we expect better item icons?

Basic Member
    Um... last time I checked, the Icons Forum was stated as "Coming Soon".

Basic Member
    I totally agree but some items are good i tihnk like eaglesong, reaver etc

Well may be they'll change icons in some time (it's closed beta, isn't it?=) ), but what's wrong with you people? You want super-awesome-cool looking shining items (Well quite many guys said something like that)? For what reason? Items look quite good(most of them), it's very easy to recognize any of the item. As I see in terrain/heroes/units/etc., DotA 2 is not intended to look "super shiny, super cool" (like LoL, where you can't see anything during mass teamfight, or when terrain is same colorful/bright/shiny that you can't even see most of happening on the screen), it's more intended to look best for gaming purposes, and for it it's quite good, and items as well. When I saw items for the first time, I thought the same (that they look bad and etc.) but after I got a key I understood that they are quite fitting the game and gaming purposes.

Basic Member
    I love the look of the items as they are now. I feel that they fit with the cartoon looking (in my opinion) theme of the game.

I think the icons are terrible, I could make those in paint in minutes.

I would say they are the worst unpolished and simple icons amongst all the MOBA games. Even childish lol have better quality items. Hope they will be changed or at least get polished.

Meanwhile secret shop items like eaglesong, demon edge, messer ROCKS..
    I dont know which design artist worked for them but yasha and demon edge cant be done by same team
    Last edited by can2turbo; 01-11-2012 at 06:16 AM.

They could improve for sure. Many of them. But some are for sure just temporary. I think we just have to wait for some improvements...

What I hope the most is that they actually listen to the community and change somethings that we ask them in the next patch. We don't have important things being added to the game for 3 weeks already imo.

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    so just for clarification, this is what you guys think is detailed, rich and easily recognized:

http://www.playdota.com/items

and this is what you think is unmemorable and boring:

http://www.dota-two.com/dota2-items

wish i could agree, really. the items icons are clear, simplistic in their portrayal and aren't oversaturated with needless 'details'. most importantly, everything is clearly distinct.

i swear i played dota for about two years straight before i even realized what some of the item icons actually were pictures of in wc3. nostalgia goggles for you guys, maybe?

yea gotta agree with this guy completely. i love the items and i already got a soul ring tattoo on my back so i hope they dont change them....jpjp but seriously i really like them and im familiar with them. i really do NOT want to have to go and re memorize every single items icon again.