Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion]Color coded heroes

Basic Member

[Suggestion]Color coded heroes

I think it would be helpful for swift identification of heroes on the minimap if the attribution of a color happened after hero picking and heroes have a 'priority list' for certain colors. For instance, a Venomancer would almost always be green, unless there's a Nature's Prophet in the team in which case Venomancer would get it's second pick. Lina and Axe would almost always be red, CM and Lich blue, Pudge pink or yellow, DS, Enigma and Bane purple etc.
    This could help t identify heroes on a preconscious level and leave your brain to focus on the more important stuff

Basic Member
    I'm going to give this a modest bump once. I know it's a small thing, but I think it's worth it :P

no this would just confuse people from the original colors they have in the slot they are in. It's not hard to see a color on the minimap then look at the top of the screen to see who it is. It'd be a pain to know that CM and Lich are blue or Veno and NP are green but then you'd have to remember who has priority on the color.

Basic Member
    I don't think there's a problem, but the color choice could be made better. Sometimes colors appear too similar on the minimap e.g. teal and green, orange and brown, etc. but that's a rare circumstance. Most of the time you just know who's who.

thats not a problem on the minimap because the enemy are X's and your team is a circle pointy thing

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    thats not a problem on the minimap because the enemy are X's and your team is a circle pointy thing
    I use icons so that's even less of a problem for me

Basic Member
    Ofcourse the same would go for the slots. Would be kind of weird to have a different color in the slot as on the map, I thought that would go without saying.

Btw I'm not saying there is a problem currently, just that it would be an improvement.
    The x's and cirly pointy things don't tell you which hero is which, so that seems to have little to do with it.
    The icons make it harder to tell teams apart.

Quote Originally Posted by GewoonDaan View Post
    Ofcourse the same would go for the slots. Would be kind of weird to have a different color in the slot as on the map, I thought that would go without saying.

Btw I'm not saying there is a problem currently, just that it would be an improvement.
    The x's and cirly pointy things don't tell you which hero is which, so that seems to have little to do with it.
    The icons make it harder to tell teams apart.
    Its not hard to remember what color is what hero or what heroes are on your team or the other so whichever option you use for minimap wouldn't make a difference. The point I made to Radio is that there is no confusion between similar colours like brown and orange, teal and light blue etc on the minimap because heroes are differentiated by the x's and circles. I don't think having people remember which heroes have priority over colors is an improvement at all

Basic Member
    No. I don't a Drow colored teal and a Windrunner colored blue.

Basic Member
    But you wouldn't need to remember it for this to work. Currently you have to remember the colors anew every game, which is quite a feat, you will have to peek at the top of the screen every now and then, which takes away the concentration from the game (you can say it's not a big deal, but even just peeking at the minimap may make you miss a last hit). If the colors line up with the color scheme of the hero, you will instantly know who you're dealing with as soon you peek at the minimap (assuming you know which heroes you're playing with/against)

Quote Originally Posted by k0n
    No. I don't a Drow colored teal and a Windrunner colored blue.
    Don't you mean 'yes'? This is exactly what wouldn't happen. That was the point.