Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shop animations.

Shop animations.

Right now the secret and side shops are all static. Even if there's an epic team fight going around them they'll just stare into the air which looks rather awkward. IMO the shops should have 3 basic animations and specific quotes for certain situations.

Animations:

1st - When a hero is nearby they'll face the hero and look at him.
    2nd - When there is a fight going around:
    *Secret shop will kneel on the ground in panic while still looking at the heroes.
    *Side shops will hide behind the counter and slightly peep out while watching the heroes.
    3rd - When a hero dies:
    *Secret shop will face his head on the ground for a few seconds after which getting up(if there's no more fighting)
    *Side shops will completely hide themselves behind the counter after which getting up(if there's no more fighting)

Speech:

When a team fight goes or someone has died recently some specific quotes could be added like:

During a teamfight:
    - ''Hurry up and take what you want!''
    - ''0% discount! Just hurry up and leave''
    - ''Pssst.. behind the counter''
    - ''Pass the coins under the table''

When someone dies:
    - ''Good job hero!''
    - ''I'm glad my favorite customer won the battle''
    - ''You're a hero so you won't be needing his coins, right?''

These will of course trigger only when you click on the shop itself.

But that's just a wonderful idea - I myself have seen them being unresponsive as rather questionable, but that's one of the things you get used to in an awfully quick manner.

Even the voices wouldn't be much of a problem when you've got Nolan North and the power of audio software. Would love to hear the Dire Ghenghis Khan Shopkeeper be Barry Dennen though.

Still, first the base shop should get a different model. Models that is, one Radiant and one Dire. Then we'll talk.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    I support this idea, but maybe more noises while teamfights might be distracting..?

And also they could get reactions at the items you're picking. Like saying "That mask doesn't fit you. At all." When picking a Morbid mask in Sideshop.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Oh my, imagine hero specific lines *_*
    Shopkeeper: How the hell a sword makes you stronger, Sniper!?

First thing that came to my mind lol
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

This is an awesome idea! From what I remember there are indeed voice lines and animations for the shops, just simple and basic though. Maybe when heroes are done being ported over, we can have some efforts focused on these things. It would be awesome! +1

+1

In Cyborgmatt's blogs, we've seen that Secret Shop animations are already in the works. Can't wait!

I definitely support this idea to its fullest.

+1
    Can't wait.