Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Last word damages before activation of Shallow Grave/magic immunity/etc

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Last word damages before activation of Shallow Grave/magic immunity/etc

del
    Last edited by Alertme; 06-06-2013 at 03:57 AM.
    Sorry~ English is not my native language as you know, BUT you can still easily understand what I mean correctly because English is your native language.
    So If someone have no word to refute what I said, he may just attack my grammar or vocabulary.... to shift the focus....

Why don't you check with wc3 dota1 first before reporting it as a critical bug?

Volunteer Moderator
    There's no test map for last word so it's difficult to test alone? Atleast it's in the brainstorming section

Basic Member
    i think in dota1 mana is used before the actual spell is cast. coz pugna's nether ward could kill u and ur spell wont go in to cooldown.
    so i think maybe last word takes effect as soon as the mana is used... even before the spell effects.
    it's all my guess. could be totally wrong though...

You can still test with noherolimit and dummies XD
    edit: in this case actually you cant, unless you can grave enemies :P

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketFingers View Post
    You can still test with noherolimit and dummies XD
    edit: in this case actually you cant, unless you can grave enemies :P
    Exactly my point, hence it is appropriate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    i think in dota1 mana is used before the actual spell is cast. coz pugna's nether ward could kill u and ur spell wont go in to cooldown.
    so i think maybe last word takes effect as soon as the mana is used... even before the spell effects.
    it's all my guess. could be totally wrong though...
    This wasn't *always* the case, with Naga Siren's old ultimate pugna's ward would trigger after the spell was used but before it went on cooldown, resulting in sleep working and her still having the skill available and off cooldown.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Why don't you check with wc3 dota1 first before reporting it as a critical bug?
    OK~ I test it by 2 computers and its bug indeed.

WC3 6.76c map:

1. Rage will not be damaged by last word (as BKB immune to Silence as well)

2. Shallow Grave will not instant killed by last word too (but Silence work)

I didnt check dota1 because there is no 6.76c test map.... and I report it by my sense@@
    Sorry~ English is not my native language as you know, BUT you can still easily understand what I mean correctly because English is your native language.
    So If someone have no word to refute what I said, he may just attack my grammar or vocabulary.... to shift the focus....

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alertme View Post
    OK~ I test it by 2 computers and its bug indeed.

WC3 6.76c map:

1. Rage will not be damaged by last word (as BKB immune to Silence as well)

2. Shallow Grave will not instant killed by last word too (but Silence work)

I didnt check dota1 because there is no 6.76c test map.... and I report it by my sense@@
    Alright, how does it work for other skills then? In Dota 2 the damage is dealt prior to the skill activating, is it the opposite for all skills in WC3?

Example of Dota 2 interaction: you are Outworld (obsidian) Destroyer, you have lvl 4 last word on you (300 magic damage) and you have 200 hp (and no magic resistance modifiers) - you go to cast astral imprisonment --> You die before anyone is imprisoned

So maybe it's a timing bug? The damage and spell casting trigger in the wrong order (based on your tests as above)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    So maybe it's a timing bug? The damage and spell casting trigger in the wrong order (based on your tests as above)
    Oh, you are probably right. Before the last update, Last Word used to take its effect right after the spell being casted. The new Last Word probably has taken over that order from its precursor on DotA, but this didn't happen on Dota 2.
    I think it should allow you to cast your spell before being damaged anyway...

But, all in all, this bug is already on the List: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=60171 (Moderate #173)
    However, that thread does not contain your new find, Wyn. And I think you are right.

Can somebody check if Wyn-Ryder's suspicion is true? It really might be true. And if it is, then moderators shall edit the thread on the main section accordingly.
    Testing if Obsydian Destroyer dies before succeeding in casting Astral Imprisonment or after, on W3 DotA, should be enough to confirm this for every skill.

I would love to test it myself, but I do not own 2 computers, nor have any Test Map that has the latest version of the Last Word.