Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: HUD IS TOO BIG

Basic Member
    At 1280x1024 overall HUD size looks fine

I want to stress one thing; for newcomers, it is very important to have a larger HUD. Learning DotA is tough enough as it is, and one thing that I noticed about HoN is that the UI was so freaking small, that it made learning icons and where things are located very difficult.

Now, with that being said, the HoN UI is very minimalistic for a reason, and once you learn where everything is it's very practically designed.

I fully support the idea of a "minimalistic" HUD similar to the option in Team Fortress 2, but a bigger, more fleshed out HUD MUST be included by default for newer players.

Allow customization. problem solved.

Basic Member
    I have been running into issues lately with the size of the minimap... Everytime I try to quickly run away and I'm on the radiant side I end up BARELY clicking on the top right of the minimap and start running headfirst into the enemy. This .2 seconds of stuttering is dangerous business... So I fully support a scaleable HuD especially if it changes the size of the minimap.

Maybe I'm just not used to it yet, but right now it makes for some frustration due to being so used to snap reactions in HoN never hitting the mini map (ew, i know, i know...)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaar View Post
    Allow customization. problem solved.
    Exactly, the one seen in Warhammer Online is just perfect

Toggle design mode, move and resize all UI elements, save

And everyone will be happy

Basic Member
    I'd love to have a UI scale function. There's no need to make the hud THAT large without the ability to scale it down.

Basic Member
    The first thing I noticed when I started playing was the massive size of the HUD and it's one of the very few things I dislike about the game. The ability to scale the UI would be an excellent addition.

Basic Member
    +1. LoL and HoN do this very well. League allows you to scale the UI down to almost nonexistent, getting rid of the little useless bar thingies in between the minimap and your skills. Newerth of course has the completely moddable UI, and it works -fantastically-. On my HoN UI I've gotten rid of all the clutter and thus most of the screen is dedicated to actual GAMEPLAY. What a concept.

@BALAAAAAAAAANCE

No. Get out.

Basic Member
    Posting to show support for minimal HUD variation!

Basic Member
    Agreed, its way too huge...
    Would like a way to scale them down