Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disabling menu embers animation after latest patch?

Disabling menu embers animation after latest patch?

It seems that with the latest patch moving resources etc into the VPKs that I can no longer hard delete the dota_embers.usm file that gave me a ton of trouble a while back.

autoexec and launch options (+dota_embers 0) also don't seem to be disabling it anymore.

Any solutions or instructions on how to disable it again? I was finally having a nice stable experience and now I can't even survive the main menu again =(

(of course it may not be that at all, but it seems the most obvious reason to start crashing again)
    Last edited by ohnonotagain; 11-09-2012 at 09:38 AM.

I usually type "dota_embers 0" in the console when the game launches. Then I close the console and activate it again for the embers to disappear.
    "Not all those who wander are lost" - J.R.R Tolkien

dota_embers 0 in your autoexec is all you need provided you toggle the console on & off after you've started dota2. If you don't toggle the console the embers will stay animated even if you have dota_embers 0 in your cfg. So there's no need to manually type it out every time, just 2 presses on your bound console key.

Thanks guys, toggling the console helps. It's still not as good as outright deleting but at least it seems stable.

Basic Member
    Why would you delete a cool feature for it?

I would suggest getting a graphics card instead tbh.

Basic Member
    So apparently a NVidia Geforce GTX 460 isn't good enough to have flames on? I can play DotA 2 perfectly on max settings in game with 30+ fps. When the menu pops up though, all hell goes loose and everything lags on my computer.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheapy View Post
    So apparently a NVidia Geforce GTX 460 isn't good enough to have flames on? I can play DotA 2 perfectly on max settings in game with 30+ fps. When the menu pops up though, all hell goes loose and everything lags on my computer.
    460?
    I got a 660 and it lags as hard as it can lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorc View Post
    460?
    I got a 660 and it lags as hard as it can lag.
    THIS THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    Sure, it looks a bit silly, but this helmet makes more sense than ~50% of Furions cosmetics that are already in the game. And its not like he's wielding a wooden penis (one can easily make a penis shaped staff out of wooden branch and there are no arguments why it could not be done). The Acorn helmet is actually VERY fitting since it's natural shape is used. Also it is used for it's quality to withstand blows.
    Wow, amazing insight.

I call bullshit on the 660. 460 is even still really unlikely.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    I call bullshit on the 660. 460 is even still really unlikely.
    Dude. I'd be HAPPY if I were joking.
    I don't blame it on my 660 though. Dunno what makes it lag like hell.

(Also why would I lie? What could I possibly win by lying about my graphics card? I might get wrong help, since guys think I would have a better PC than II actually have and to be honest you guys are not important to me in any way or form, so I don't need to brag about anything.)