Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Right Click Deny

Basic Member
    It could be a good idea to test it, i think it should be off on default tough.

Basic Member
    i think this could be more confusing than noob-friendly. you right click to move, and that is extremely important obviously, I don't think the right click needs to serve another role.

Quote Originally Posted by Dota2Cast View Post
    i think this could be more confusing than noob-friendly. you right click to move, and that is extremely important obviously, I don't think the right click needs to serve another role.
    Yeah, imagine new players failing to rightclick the creep, their hero will suddenly move towards that area potentailly killing him. I don't have strong feelings regarding this topic, but rightclick might backfire.

Core Tester
    right click already serves to attack, i dont think this makes it confusing at all

Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    Yeah, imagine new players failing to rightclick the creep, their hero will suddenly move towards that area potentailly killing him. I don't have strong feelings regarding this topic, but rightclick might backfire.
    players using right click to attack creeps or heroes already face this same risk, not really a concern for them imo
    Last edited by blaow; 09-17-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Basic Member
    but still, imo there needs to be this difference between choosing to deny something on your team, and choosing to attack something. Also I think this opens up another question because if you can right click deny creep, can you right click deny towers and heroes? and for heroes, during a teamfight where everything is going crazy, it wouldn't be too tough to accidentally right click an ally who is low and has a dot on them.

Core Tester
    towers - yes
    heroes - no

Okay, time to cut the BS -- I've introduced several new players to the game and every single one of them has asked me why the hell they have to use a+click to deny and asked for right-click denies.

Basic Member
    Definitely agree with Otter on this one

it is definitely an interesting debate between the people that feel these kinds of arbitrary things create a more skill-oriented game and the people that think small features like this should be changed now that there is an engine that can support it. Being a long time player of both dota and hon, I would probably use A+click no matter what at this point, but that is based purely on habit. A lot of people in hon use the right-click deny mod, which I personally don't have an issue with as I really don't think it gives them any kind of advantage. I can definitely understand the whole slippery-slope attitude for those not in favor of this. As long as there is some balance I don't feel there would be an issue.

Totally agree on this one, and I don't see any harm if it is given as an option to the player (right-click deny: toggle off or on in the game options). That way, people will use whatever suits their preferences better. Right-click denying is definitely an interesting feature (and as said, shouldn't apply when denying allied heroes, since probably you just want to follow them).