Thread: [Confirmed] Spirit Break's nether strike does not stop after the death of target

Wink [Confirmed] Spirit Break's nether strike does not stop after the death of target

Summary:
    A really amusing thing happened during a game I played some days ago. It wasn't an especially good game or anything, but anyhow I got to have a bloodstone with 34 charges. Then I was killed in the enemy's base and the spirit breaker of the opposing team had just cast his nether strike on me, which resultet in a very amusing situation. I respawned instantly because of all the charges on my bloodstone, and spirit breaker's nether strike hit me after I respawned in my own base.
    I have seen similar things happen when you just finished casting a tp, and spirit breaker shows up at your destination, but the same thing should not work for resurrection imo.

Repro Steps:
    1. Get a bloodstone and get a ton of charges on it, so that you will respawn instantly.
    2a. Die
    2b. Have a Spirit Breaker in the opposing team start casting his nether strike on you just before you die.

Result:
    Spirit Breaker's Nether Strike will hit you after you respawn in your base.

Expected Result:
    Spirit Breaker should show up in the area where you died, with the attack having no effect except him teleporting to your corpse.

Some images:
    netherstrike1.jpg
    netherstrike.jpg

So, this is probably not the most important bug to fix, but I thought that I should report it anyways. Atleast it's kind of amusing

In case anyone wanna look it up or just see it with their own eyes the match id is 60831792 and it happens at 33:05.
    Last edited by Exustio; 11-12-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I didn't see this reported anywhere so I'm going to bump this old bug with this:
    Nether Strike should be canceled by both the death of the target AND by Spirit Breaker's death, whichever is applicable. Currently it seems that Spirit Breaker's death triggers the Strike immediately.

Check how it works now

It gets canceled. It also doesn't teleport him all over the map if his target moved very far.
    So this changed "fixed" some bugs.
    Please, just call me buny.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    It gets canceled. It also doesn't teleport him all over the map if his target moved very far.
    So this changed "fixed" some bugs.
    What about then enemy you target dies?

It gets canceled.
    Here's my dotabuff profile in case anyone's interested: https://dotabuff.com/players/5887247