Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Safe Spot" inside the Fountain Area

"Safe Spot" inside the Fountain Area

Hey guys, I'm new in the forums and I'm sorry if I'm posting this thread in the wrong place, but I've noticed in a few games of mine where we stomp or are stomped, that there is no "safe spot" inside the fountain area. I mean, like in Dota 1, we could just move behind the fountains of both the Sentinel and the Scourge fountains to avoid being sniped, but in Dota 2, we can't... Was this intentional?

I'm not a fan of fountain sniping since I know the pain players endure since I was also a victim once, and I know that fountain sniping is part of the game, but hey, I don't want to rub it in my enemy's faces that they're losing... Anyway, the real reason of me posting this is when I was spectating a game, the Radiant team wouldn't even finish the game and just dragged the game for around 5mins+ just sniping the Dire team and all... Though if they'd snipe but finish the game quickly, all is well... O_O

Basic Member
    fountain sniping has its fun if youre the one being sniped,
    i sold all of my items to buy a forcestaff and push them into the fountain

people just need to find ways to have fun instead of QQing

Basic Member
    As you keep playing the game you'll see that it's fun to fountain dive when you're winning and you're pushing the Ancient. While mannered teams will do it just to celebrate as the Ancient goes down, sometimes you'll get the assholes who'll do it for 15-20 minutes till the game ends even though they could just push. Also as the guy above ^ suggests, you can get a force staff and push + stun people into the fountain or call smack on the Pudge when he misses a hook on you it hurts Pudge players a lot.

Anyway yeah, when people drag this stuff on for ages it's annoying and boring as fuck, but when it doesn't happen and people simply fountain dive for kicks, it's a fun / celebratory element that I (and you probably) wouldn't want to see gone. This is why people overall agree it should stay.
    Last edited by Radio; 11-13-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    fountain sniping has its fun if youre the one being sniped,
    i sold all of my items to buy a forcestaff and push them into the fountain

people just need to find ways to have fun instead of QQing
    Yea, I do that a lot too... XD
    I agree that being the victim can sometimes be fun as well because of that, but the problem is when they drag it on without any intention of ending it, and / or there are newbs on the team that don't know about the Force Staff and what not...

But yea, there's still some fun in it... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post

Anyway yeah, when people drag this stuff on for ages it's annoying and boring as fuck, but when it doesn't happen and people simply fountain dive for kicks, it's a fun / celebratory element that I (and you probably) wouldn't want to see gone. This is why people overall agree it should stay.
    I agree on keeping fountain sniping concept.. I admit that I'm also one who dives when we're winning, hell, I also go on suicide attempts just for the lolz... but ONLY if the Ancient is going down...

But, like I said above, there are some players who just torture the victims endlessly... Shouldn't there be a "safe spot" in there? Like behind the fountains in Dota 1?

If people really start doing this fountain camping thing to you, find a creative way to hide. Or get them killed. There are enough ways to achieve that in the game and it's all in good fun.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken.infinity View Post
    If people really start doing this fountain camping thing to you, find a creative way to hide. Or get them killed. There are enough ways to achieve that in the game and it's all in good fun.
    Cmon man... When it drags on for 20 minutes it's just boring

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken.infinity View Post
    If people really start doing this fountain camping thing to you, find a creative way to hide.
    Lol, that's the problem I'm talking about! There's no real safe spot in the fountain area! Every spot can still be reached one way or another (Unless you guys know of a spot which I don't know of yet...)! But yeah, I agree with all of you in turning the torment into fun! XD

Basic Member
    The safe spot is to sneak out the fountain and hide somewhere else

Banned
    I usually grab a blink dagger and a quelling blade, secede from my team, and start a new base in the jungle.

Basic Member
    I like to omni ult into the fountain with my team, no one lives!! but this works both ways, sometimes it happens to you, but just look at the fun side of it and try kill them in fun ways.