Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] More visibility on Mini-map

Basic Member
    Making the colors and brightness customizable is the best solution. Remember that you can now also draw on the minimap though taking a bit more effort - properly executed it should convey your message much better. You can also use chat or voice chat to make your message easier to understand.

+1 on the creeps/minions in the minimap. I was so used to using Nature Prophet's ult via the minimap in DotA, so the little tiny dots in the corner is not helping me determine how many minions are fighting at the time.

Basic Member
    My suggestions are bigger icons on players on minimaps and bigger difference in colour bettween minimap background and player icons... Check hon and u will understand

Basic Member
    After having played all of the most popular ARTS games out there (HoN, Dota1/2, and LoL) I've come away with a fondness for the way League portrays heroes on the minimap.

They use little excerpts of hero artwork in a bubble, usually the face of the hero, to represent them.

I found this to be extremely informative, and it had a positive impact on my awareness of who was where at any given time.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Basic Member
    we need more visibility on the minimap, we can't see the enemies right..

Basic Member
    Ping showing on the ground is VERY useful. But the minimap isn't good to see, unlike in HoN for example...

It also came to me that COURIER ICON on minimap is very sutile, too many light colors to see him over the map.
    Last edited by darkfox01; 12-01-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Basic Member
    I have to admit, I love how they did the rax icons on the minimap but that should be perhaps the only fancy looking thing out there, that and towers. Even the heroes are hard to distinguish. (As mentioned before) In old wc3 the minimap was a bit darker all together which made all the other brighter colors stand out. The texture on it wasnt amazing either, yet another benifit to being able to tell whats going on.
    And yes, ping... must.. change...

Basic Member
    One thing i really want is more contrast to the map. By this i mean I really cant tell where there is fog on the map and where there isn't. Fog needs to be darker and explored/visible area needs to be lighter.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beari View Post
    One thing i really want is more contrast to the map. By this i mean I really cant tell where there is fog on the map and where there isn't. Fog needs to be darker and explored/visible area needs to be lighter.
    Agreed, this gets in the way a lot.

I agree with everything in this thread the minimap is hardly a usefull tool for anything in its current state.Need more contrast with fog and unfogged areas and bigger dots for wards and courier