Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] More visibility on Mini-map

Basic Member

Lightbulb [Suggestion] More visibility on Mini-map

One thing Dota1 (i.e. WC3) had right about the minimap is there was a lot of things that were much more easily visible. For one thing, when you ping (Alt-g) in WC3 it is really obvious and easy to see - the circle that is formed it expands and contracts and has bright neon colors. In DotA2 I can barely even notice when people are pinging. The WC3 sound effect to go along with pinging was also more obvious and easy to hear. It actually made me turn my head from the main gameplay area to the minimap to see what's going on.

Indicators on the minimap for when things are being attacked, when someone is teleporting, and all these other things were also a lot more obvious and done much better.

Furthermore, when using Ancient Apparition's ult, if watching it by minimap instead of on the main gameplay area as it flies (which I often do, because then you don't have to scroll to see when it reaches its destination) it is barely noticable - it is one little green creep dot - indistinguishable from any other. Very hard to see.

Basic Member
    I agree with dota there are a BUNCH of visual effects that are hard to see, and that should be worked on

Banned
    +1

agree with all. another problem ive noticed is:

I cannot really tell when there are wards up. The area they are revealing doesn't show up very well on the minimap. In wc3, it was super obvious. I know its not just me either, because I scrim with a guy who constantly bitches about not having wards, and he doesnt bitch in dota 2. I don't think he can tell there isnt any wards lol.

Agree that map visibility is not great.

I struggle to see players (enemy and allied) on the map even using simple colours. The only way I stand a chance is by holding down alt a lot (so names show up) or by turning the map off entirely.

+1 on this suggestion.

Basic Member
    this is the thing that most annoys me so far in dota2. My video card is bad and I can play only on 800x resolution or lower and with that I can't see anything on the minimap. Heroes icons are barely noticable and you cant even see creeps. As I look at the minimap alot every time I need to really focus my vision there to see whats happening and thats really annoying.

+

Basic Member
    I'd like to see a larger courier icon on the minimap. Currently, when the courier doesn't sit at the fountain, I am not sure whether we already have one or not.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    You get used to it after a while, but more customization isn't bad. You already can change the size of the icons in console.