Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinging on buildings and heroes produce a chat command and visual effect

Basic Member

Lightbulb Pinging on buildings and heroes produce a chat command and visual effect

I really like the way HoN did pinging and I wish this could be more like it, like how when you ping an enemy unit the glowed red around their base for awhile, also how it said in chat "defend/attack" this tower/barracks now. I know it's lame to ask for a HoN port of anything but lets be real, HoN had their pinging down (other than not being able to see normal pings on the playing field)

I think they can add to ping to hero.. and put a mark of ping to a specific hero you want to go first or kill.. building is find and other pings.. but NO hero ping.. hope they can add it

Basic Member
    Thumbs up!

I support this idea.

I agree, I think the ping doesn't stand out too well being a gray shield
    The fiddler from Chagalls village was inviting me to dance... so I danced.

Basic Member
    agree! this should be better.

This would also help to give the bots commands, rather than using a sort of menu or whatever it is planned for the future.

Basic Member
    Agreed +1

Basic Member
    The whole 'I know HoN did it but it was a good idea!" thing needs to take a dive. If something is done well, we should learn from it, that simple. I'm not a huge fan of HoN, and only can barely stand playing LoL, but I'm sure there are things that they both did well that can be taken into consideration to help make Dota 2 great.

As for the topic, I would be inclined to agree. The ping target could also be represented on the mini-map by some sort of icon depending on the ping order.

Basic Member
    +1, agreed

Basic Member
    agreed