Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slark Lore

Basic Member
    The lore should probably mention how his pact with the dark ones was formed. Perhaps they helped him escape from the prison?

I thought Slark would look like a demon fish, or at least a little more evil and darker. Actually he just looks like a thief fish with a knife jumping and disapearing in a smoke bomb all the time. Since he makes pacts with the Deep Ones, he look a little more shinier than he should, appearing to be more a Fish version of Riki.

Fish version of Riki, fish version of Meepo....make up your minds, people
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrion Plax View Post
    The lore should probably mention how his pact with the dark ones was formed. Perhaps they helped him escape from the prison?
    Apparently he didn`t join the Dark Ones, but rather discovered their plan by accident and used their attempt to escape to his own advantage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post
    Fish version of Riki, fish version of Meepo....make up your minds, people

Apparently he didn`t join the Dark Ones, but rather discovered their plan by accident and used their attempt to escape to his own advantage.
    It's not said what races the Dark Reef Dozen were, I feel like the Dark Ones are probably some sort of goods. Of course, I thought that about the Deep Ones, as well, but it turns out they get thrown in the slammer as well.

Hopefully the ability lore snippets will reveal a bit more about them, when it comes to Dark Pact and Shadow Dance.

Slark should be more darker because he often refers to the Dark Ones(or maybe even belonged to the dark ones), simple logic.. Maybe he should have some spikes on his vertebrae like in the original dota.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post

I don't think the Dark Ones are the Dark Reef Dozen that attempted to escape. From Slark's voice lines, they sound like the beings that granted him his power. For example, when he casts Dark Pact: http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/6/65...rk_pact_02.mp3.

Basic Member
    its a weird one. i liked the idea of the deep ones as lovecraftean gods better, but then there are the nameless ones (who might aswell be the same)
    I also thought the deep ones would be a general name for all the undersea races.
    But aperently this is no longer true too. Man. Valve realy likes the underwater races. So we got: the deep ones, the slithreen, the meranth (several kinds of those too) and the leviathans.

Also, id much rather have them include his pact with the "dark ones" in the lore. its a bit out of place right now.