Thread: [Suggestion] A simple option to make all clicks on minimap requires SHIFT KEY

Basic Member

[Suggestion] A simple option to make all clicks on minimap requires SHIFT KEY

This would be very simple to implement and it would solve the accidental clicking of the minimap altogether.

Make an option that every action on the minimap, whether it be teleporting or viewing a different location require the SHIFT KEY to be maintained simultaneously in order for the action to occur.

I know there are a lot of people saying things like "You just suck, I never click on the minimap, you are just bad/playing wrong"... to this I say: have you played the game on all resolutions... including the very high ones. I have a 30" monitor and I have a feeling that if it were smaller, it would be different.

Also, have you considered that people just play the game differently? It is not a question of being better/worse. For instance, people actually search for items by typing in the item name, whereas others know where it is and right click on it. Well, the minimap issue is a result of people using the mouse differently.

Anyways, I hope the devs finally resolve this. I feel like we are being ignored and it is very frustrating whenever I cast tornado with invoker and i am subsequently looking at my fountain. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Thank you

Basic Member
    You make a good point but the Shift-click solution complicates other factors.And although I agree with you ,clicking the map by mistake is annoying the solution to the problem should hardly be noticeable.

New people start playing Dota2 and scream murder because the map doesn`t work.This mechanic is mostly standard across all RTS games and when they need to learn a simple but unnecessary quick-key just for this game ,they wont like it I can assure you.But I like the direction you are going in.As long as it is an option and not a permanent change I would support it.

Will a quick-key add or detract from the game that hides/transparent the map or entire HUD in order for the physical map to be clicked instead of the map or UI?Or as other people suggested having the map on the right hand side?
    Last edited by mynamesranonymous; 11-16-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Basic Member
    Yes, my suggestion was to make it an option that is by default OFF.

Being able to hide the entire HUD would be sick btw. I also agree with you: there should be an option to have to minimap on the RHS.

Basic Member
    This seems like it would be a great solution to the minimap problem. Maybe not shift, but some modifier. I have a 1 second delay on accepting minimap orders, which has worked well enough for preventing me from misclicking on the minimap, but it's really annoying when I'm trying to TP to a tower quickly. I'm all for this change.

+1