Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Why black courier with 3 unusual essence looks much worse than colored with 3 unusual

Basic Member
    i'm happy with my 3x exort 3x unusual flame greevil

edit: mad?

Basic Member
    I got a shadow essence and traded for a hook for the reason I was almost sure it will be shit for it's price value. I saw almost no difference between white, gray and black ones. Therefore I thought some unusual essences would only give only a slight improvement. a practical example: an ugly girl with make up will still be an ugly girl, it will make her ugliness just less visible, when a make up on beautiful girl would enhance her even more. stupid example, but that's it. colored eggs are better imo than non colored ones ( I still have 2 white since I want to share 1 with a friend, so I had to turn it white from green).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raxx View Post
    They actually spent more time on it, the black greevil has his own custom models and textures, the other greevils all seem to use 1-3 of the same bits http://i.imgur.com/C4t2sh.png
    However he is so dark the details are all lost, that is the biggest problem. It's like other games where someone gets a really good looking item and dyes it black and all the details are lost and they complain it looks crap.
    I think they should have made it metallic black or had glowing spikes on his body and tail which would create some light on him to bring out the details.
    It's not the model that sucks, its the 3x unusual effect and also the missing special effect for being a mythical courier. If you compare it to the greedy 3x unusual its hands down better than the dreaded one with 3x unusual. Which one is the mythical? The green one or the black one?

Basic Member
    The price of unusual essence is now 10 keys and shadow essence is now only 6 keys, that should be enough proof.

Basic Member
    Imho all hatched couriers are mythical. :P

But some other couriers look better than black one yep. Because effect is a lot better.

All greevils are mythical. Although it would have been nice if they told us that if we add 2 yellow or 1 yellow to blue greevil when he hatches he will have a tail. I deleted so many essence during last few days of diretide, and I could have made them look better if I knew.

Really valve kinda failed this one in my opinion, because they gave and sold eggs to ppl without giving the "guide on how to use them". If I knew I would even want to get more eggs so I can have every possible combination.

Basic Member
    LOL. Any trade of essences/eggs up to now was just plain gambling because nobody knew what Greevils would exactly look like or what they even do ingame. If you wanted to be sure that you pay accurate market price for essences then you should have waited until hatching before buying them. Instead you decided to gamble, though shit.

Quote Originally Posted by raxx View Post
    The price of unusual essence is now 10 keys and shadow essence is now only 6 keys, that should be enough proof.

LoL Do you even play the game?? Or just there for the hats?

Seems there is a new dollar around, today you pay in keys xD
    Man, these couriers are for free, you could farm them for free in DT.
    So stop the whining " mine is not so shiny like his' I'm jelly" omg.
    League / Ranking - NOW!

Banned
    +1 for changing Dreaded Greevil !

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potisoldat View Post
    LOL. Any trade of essences/eggs up to now was just plain gambling because nobody knew what Greevils would exactly look like or what they even do ingame. If you wanted to be sure that you pay accurate market price for essences then you should have waited until hatching before buying them. Instead you decided to gamble, though shit.
    Wrong, valve employees knew what they looked like and so did anyone who knew how to look at the models when the test client was added.
    The unusual essence are now worth 10 keys each, so no again, waiting would have been a very stupid thing to do. The shadow is mythical tho and should have looked the best, it's how all rpg and mmo work when cosmetic based, the rarer it is the better it will look.