Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we have feedback from devs?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggan29 View Post
    I would also love to see a short montly dev response.
    The community would benefit allot from it cause they can see that they care and not just assume it.
    Which issues should they address?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    Short term events generate heightened interest. Make sense now?
    Still no. Look at the graph
    http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=570

NOTE: Have in mind that they're constanly providing the community with a HUGE invite givaway. On top of that its winter and people should be playing more and more, cuz most of them spend their free time indoors.

They're loosing the existing player base ....
    Last edited by Vasilev; 11-27-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilev View Post
    Still no. Look at the graph
    http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=570

NOTE: Have in mind that they're constanly providing the community with a HUGE invite givaway. On top of that its winter and people should be playing more and more, cuz most of them spend their free time indoors.

They're loosing the existing player base ....
    Your graph shows 1 week, and it shows what is expected, higher player peaks at the weekend.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?acti...pid=570&from=0

It's called perspective, to get an idea, add some other games to that graph
    Last edited by Rugz; 11-27-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Banned
    Oooops , gave the wrong link, sorry my bad.

Look at the graph that you provided. The big peak is the diretide event, the a sequence of constant drops and rises.
    They're a lot of new players, but the numbers are the same, having in mind that its winter.

If there is a constnat flow of players in the past month and the numbers ramain the same, then there is a constant loose of interest by the already existing player base.
    And btw the number of new invites that they're giving is ridiculous, i can assure you that. I've been giving away keys in the sharedota2 section of reddit and .... there are A LOT of people like me.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilev View Post
    Oooops , gave the wrong link, sorry my bad.

Look at the graph that you provided. The big peak is the diretide event, the a sequence of constant drops and rises.
    They're a lot of new players, but the numbers are the same, having in mind that its winter.

If there is a constnat flow of players in the past month and the numbers ramain the same, then there is a constant loose of interest by the already existing player base.
    And btw the number of new invites that they're giving is ridiculous, i can assure you that. I've been giving away keys in the sharedota2 section of reddit and .... there are A LOT of people like me.
    The big peak at 2012/9/1? No, that is the International.
    The plateau at 2012/11/1 is Diretide, and the graph has levelled out, this means that players brought in by the huge Diretide influx are being retained, look at the shape of the graph around TI2, we should expect a less severe version of that to appear if we look at the graph again in a few months time. It should dip slightly as players stop playing so much (no lure of Greevils etc), and then climb again, eventually leveling out when the turnover of new players reaches equilibrium with people leaving the game.

If you visualize the graph without Diretide, and extrapolate what it would look like if it climbed normally from October into November, the bottom of those peaks&troughs is still in line with where we would expect the graph to be, the peaks are good and the troughs are normal, not the peaks are normal and the troughs are bad.
    Last edited by Rugz; 11-27-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Banned
    BTW i constantly find myself playing other games like TF2, just cuz I'm too frustrated playing on that MM.

So in conslusion - In some ways, I'm a part of that "lost of existing player base", cuz i just don't want to be angry, cuz of their mistakes.

Basic Member
    Yes, some sort of feedback (at least on the most controversely discussed topics) would definitely be nice.

This whole forum is designed for beta feedback, but you never know if they have read your suggestion or not. Shouldn't be too hard to just go through the most discussed topics once a week and drop a line.

If they read the forums anyways, like some people here say, it shouldn't take much longer to drop something like "We are looking into this" "We think this works fine, no change intended from our side, sorry guys"
    Even if people disagree, they might drop some issues. Or be content that Valve listens to them on other occasions.

Banned
    Someone mentioned Blizzard here.
    Guys, they're commentating a lot on their forum. Actually, there is a blue post tracker to track their posts.
    The same for SOE on their Planetside2 forum.
    A lot of feedback.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Someone mentioned Blizzard here.
    Guys, they're commentating a lot on their forum. Actually, there is a blue post tracker to track their posts.
    Yeah let's look at it:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/

Oh look, vapid shitposts, marketing, and reiterating Game Manual answers to people to incompetent to use Google. You might find some politically spun 'feedback' post one in every 10-20, but the majority of the Blue Tracker posts are just the same as if they were posted by a standard user.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    Yeah let's look at it:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/

Oh look, vapid shitposts, marketing, and reiterating Game Manual answers to people to incompetent to use Google. You might find some politically spun 'feedback' post one in every 10-20, but the majority of the Blue Tracker posts are just the same as if they were posted by a standard user.
    Im become really convinced with each your post that you're taking every criticism of Valve too personally. Which makes me think that you're either an employee or a friend of one.
    Blue posts are more useful than any of those moderators shitposts here. At least they are employees who are responsible for that and you know that their information is 100% legit. And here we cant get a shit from Developers or Community Team.