Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: I can't carry hard / unfair bots anymore. It was possible a while ago.

  1. #11
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,381
    Just chiming in to add one last bit: the KSing problem extends to Blink Dagger users. If you're getting a solo kill somewhere, prepare to see all of your team's Dagger users pop in with Blink + their nuke and steal the kill. Tidehunter would watch allies die in the distance and act like he's AFK, but as soon as he sees someone get on low HP, he pulls off some greatly timed Blink + Ravages. F***ing asshole. Windrunner does it with Force Staff + Powershot as well (ironically enough the KS powershots are the ONLY good powershots she lands, all the other powershots are 90 off).
    Last edited by Radio; 11-18-2012 at 02:49 PM.

  2. #12
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    @Arxos

    The point is, you shouldn't have to exploit bugs that wouldn't work in real games to win the game mode meant to prepare you for said real games by letting you learn how to play.
    I find it hard -not to- exploit them at this point. I mean quite frankly it's hard not to 'abuse' you getting a 0m DD rune to score a kill on your lane. I mean what am I supposed to do when their AI starts spazzing out because of me doing something completely logical? Not take the kill? Be like 'Well, in a real match we would've only gotten 1 of them so I'll just walk back now'?
    Or when I get a level advantage in lane allowing me to easily kill the enemy. The bots generally don't react to this danger until I'm in their face killing them yet again. Should I go 'Well no real player would come back to the lane after dying 5 times without getting a single last hit or even a point of experience, so I should just ignore him'
    Or when harassing the enemy bots using cheap spells, they instantly think you're initiating and throw out all their spells on you. Should I stop harassing because well, no real players would act wasteful like that allowing me to easily kill them once their mana is depleted.

    I am NOT going to change the way basic game logic works because the bots are stupid. You should understand that often times I'm not actually going out of my way to make bots spaz out.

  3. #13
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,381
    Please fix Dazzle bot, he AFKpushes by spamming Shadow Wave every single time it's off CD, taking lasthits and pushing the lane which results in him feeding like crazy and you getting no farm. Also these ranged heroes constantly pull creeps to them from level 1 on, which means you'll have to chase creeps and you'll miss lots of 'em to the tower at level 1.

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,381
    Also they constantly leave the lane for no damn reason, they just walk back to the base at full health and leave you alone vs. f***ing Kunkka Dazzle or some other idiotic duo whose only intent is to nuke you over and over while eating clarities (and by the way, why the heck is Lich constantly out of mana?!). Derp.

    Seriously this is what happens when you go to the short lane

    - Windrunner blocks the lane at the start which is annoying already.
    - If the creeps aren't dying to the tower yet, she makes sure to aggro right away and pulls the enemy wave into the tower.
    - She then goes aggressive by shooting some shackle at somebody, walks into the tower and dies.
    - TPs back into lane, pushes with powershot then leaves you alone and walks all the way across the map to feed kills there.

    Step 3 and 4 are interchangeable.

    I don't know if one can do something worse other than feeding the courier right away - bots only do that later on.

    And please fix their behavior when someone is trying to FARM. It's so incredibly annoying to get griefed so hard. Whenever you try to farm there's your entire team wasting 4 teleports into that lane and spamming their nukes, then leaving. At least make them respond to input by the player. If you say "NO PLEASE I BEG YOU" when they say "PUSHING BOT", make so they leave. Jeez.
    Last edited by Radio; 11-19-2012 at 06:21 AM.

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    @Arxos

    There's a difference between exploiting a bug and having said bug occur. Forcing the bots to spaz out so you can win the lane is exploiting the bug, while just trying to score a kill and having the bots randomly spaz out while you're doing so is not abusing the bug.

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    I played a game with Naga today.
    Just a pic to show how it was: 2012-11-19_00001.jpg
    That was pretty annoying, their AI must be broken or something, my team was playing okay at the beginning, but at some point in mid game they started to freak out and feed. I started to BD then and they AWAYS got TP scrools, they AWAYS tp'd when i was close to their t3 tower and there was AWAYS 5. In team fights they AWAYS focused me, even if my entire team's hp were low, all their CC was used on me. At the end, they could dive the fontain without dying anymore,
    I've played a lot of bot games and it never happened. Dead Prophet had 21 charged in her Bloodstone. I couldn't do anything at that point.
    I hope they fix/improve bot's AI ASAP because sometimes you just want to have some fun with them.

    Sorry for my bad English, trying to improve it

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    @Arxos

    There's a difference between exploiting a bug and having said bug occur. Forcing the bots to spaz out so you can win the lane is exploiting the bug, while just trying to score a kill and having the bots randomly spaz out while you're doing so is not abusing the bug.
    I know, what is your point?
    Generally I'm not doing these things on purpose, it's just damn hard to have any real objective view of the bot difficulty when I can't have a proper match without them spazzing out.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    I know, what is your point?
    Generally I'm not doing these things on purpose, it's just damn hard to have any real objective view of the bot difficulty when I can't have a proper match without them spazzing out.
    On a side note though, do you really never experience your bots just idling (literally idling. standing still in the jungle as 4 doing nothing) / walking into the enemy team and feeding at all times because they think they're pushing? It's pretty inevitable when it happens - from what I understand - and it happens pretty often no matter how well you're doing.

    I've lost games where I had 800+ GPM because I was playing a character who was unable to solo push to victory. You can see the scores in the screenshot a couple posts ago, they feed 20+ kills each and won't do anything active on the map. I have even reported cases of bots going AFK in the fountain for 5 to 10 minutes.

  9. #19
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    On a side note though, do you really never experience your bots just idling (literally idling. standing still in the jungle as 4 doing nothing) / walking into the enemy team and feeding at all times because they think they're pushing? It's pretty inevitable when it happens - from what I understand - and it happens pretty often no matter how well you're doing.

    I've lost games where I had 800+ GPM because I was playing a character who was unable to solo push to victory. You can see the scores in the screenshot a couple posts ago, they feed 20+ kills each and won't do anything active on the map. I have even reported cases of bots going AFK in the fountain for 5 to 10 minutes.
    I haven't noticed my bots going AFK before, but yeah generally the case is that your teams bots are many times more stupid, doing things like solo pushes or running into the enemies 5 man push on their own.
    Supposedly this is caused by the lack of a hivemind team. The enemy team is basically one entity, while on your own team the human disrupts the hivemind which I presume is why they act on their own a lot more.

    Certainly this makes games where you're playing a hero whose bad at doing things on his own harder. Generally what I just end up doing in those cases is I just rush things like Desolator. It won't be the first game I've won as a hero like Lich with my items being something like Desolator, S&Y, Linken's, MKB and Heart or something silly like that... I'll admit in that regard that if you don't do that you're likely to lose on Unfair difficulty. On Hard you can still make it though.

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    I know, what is your point?
    Generally I'm not doing these things on purpose, it's just damn hard to have any real objective view of the bot difficulty when I can't have a proper match without them spazzing out.
    Well, you kinda suggested that you should do it on purpose if you want to win your lane and carry the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •