Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: I can't carry hard / unfair bots anymore. It was possible a while ago.

Basic Member
    I noticed how when chasing someone with Tidehunter(and maybe other bots) he (and other bots) saves his Gush just so he can KS with it in the end, and only if you've chased for long enough he finally uses it. No matter if you're a hard carry, he just waits for you to do whatever you can to bring down the enemy hero's HP, and then finishes him off. Also, not sure if it happens at all bot difficulties, they never seem to chain stuns (they just stack them all, like sven, windrunner, and lina throwing stuns at the same time)

Basic Member
    In regards to builds, it's been commented a lot on but quite frankly I've never seen Chris improve the item/skill builds despite many threads giving suggestions and whatnot, I'm guessing because he doesn't want to waste time on it as he'll re-do the entire item/skill system at some point anyhow to give them dynamic item/skill builds rather than static ones like right now.
    In case I'm wrong I'd happily go over all bot builds, basically every single bot has room for improvement, if not in item choice then in skill choice.
    I was thinking it would be significantly beneficial for the time being to just give us the ability to create custom item builds, as I figured it's probably as simple as modifying a list like the recommended items. On the other hand it could possibly be rather complicated with variables like gold and....I guess I can't think of anything else. Skill builds should be easily modifiable though...

The bots are a bit meh right now. The opposing bots tend to show far better teamplay (pushing and ganking as 5), whereas your team will run in 1 by 1 when attempting to defend towers and raxes against 5 man pushes. A lot of other shit is also pretty wonky with them....
    "Better to run, than curse the road." - Clinkz, The Bone Fletcher.

Does anyone else think that Icefrog didn't make this update?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post
    I noticed how when chasing someone with Tidehunter(and maybe other bots) he (and other bots) saves his Gush just so he can KS with it in the end, and only if you've chased for long enough he finally uses it. No matter if you're a hard carry, he just waits for you to do whatever you can to bring down the enemy hero's HP, and then finishes him off. Also, not sure if it happens at all bot difficulties, they never seem to chain stuns (they just stack them all, like sven, windrunner, and lina throwing stuns at the same time)
    It's not that they save it for KS, it's that their chasing AI is really flawed... When they're in 'chase' mode, that's what they do. Chase. They don't use abilities, they just chase. When they finally use abilities is when they go 'Damn we're not gonna get him' and disengage. At this moment, their normal AI takes control again and goes 'Huh there's a low health hero nearby!' and finishes him off.
    Again, a behavior quirk that's been in the game for many many months... In fact, I think this one has been in the game for about a year by now.

Quote Originally Posted by assteepee View Post
    I was thinking it would be significantly beneficial for the time being to just give us the ability to create custom item builds, as I figured it's probably as simple as modifying a list like the recommended items. On the other hand it could possibly be rather complicated with variables like gold and....I guess I can't think of anything else. Skill builds should be easily modifiable though...
    I know, I can't imagine it being much work either, but since I've never seen Chris respond to comments about it it seems he's not bothered by it...

Basic Member
    A few words about hivemind behavior: Have you ever played a hard difficulty co-op game when one of the players leaves the game so one of the bots deactivates himself? I can not stress enough of how it affects overall bots performance. I am starting to think that performance of five hard bots playing together is a lot better than performance of four unfair bots. It looks like they were just coded for gypsy trains.