Thread: Make a ladder system

Make a ladder system

Hi, by ladder system I mean, if you want to play against easy bots, you need to win with passive bots earlier (for example 5 times in a row), if you want to play against normal bots, you need to win with easy before etc.

Because it's pretty annoying if you want to play against hard bots and in your team are people with 0 games and are ending with stats 1/21/1 also not buying any items and killing couriers... Happended to me today twice...

tl;dr: if you want to play against harder bots, you need to unlock them by winning with easier (for example 5 times in a row).

Banned
    Thank god, maybe that will fix the faggot russians in normal bots MM.
    +1

EDIT: Just came up with a great idea.
    Why not make it so that when you do particular well with a certain difficulty that you can get boosted to the next difficulty?
    Last edited by Sk. Funghoul; 11-21-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Basic Member
    I agree with this, except you should be able to play against easy after only one passive game, as that's probably all it takes to learn the interface and stuff (assuming you've read some guide or otherwise understand what the game is about).

Basic Member
    It was suggested before but threads like this one were buried under "russians are taking over bot games" kind of threads.
    I have always supported this idea, and still not sure why it was not implemented right from the start. Instead they made hard bots co-op a default difficulty

Basic Member
    Passive is kind of ridiculous. I would start it off with easy. At the very least, Hard needs to not be the default choice.

Basic Member
    Why the hell would I have to play easy bots to play unfair ones

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Why the hell would I have to play easy bots to play unfair ones
    Imagine that you had never played dota before, and then imagine fighting unfair bots. What would happen?

Hint: stomped

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    Imagine that you had never played dota before, and then imagine fighting unfair bots. What would happen?

Hint: stomped
    Well, that's the point of having bots. If you get stomped you're not damaging anyone's fun, since it's bots.

What would you say if you had to play 50 bot games before getting to play matchmaking, even if you know how to play DOTA already? It makes little sense.

Basic Member
    I think we were talking about making a ladder system for co-op games? Even one person who does not know how bots usually behave may ruin and unfair bots game and i actually seen more trolls than newbies here. Kind of people who join unfair co-op, feed all game long and when game is lost he is saying that he does not give a fuck about bans, this is his smurf and we can enjoy our loss. "haha, you lost to bots, uninstall the game you mindless dumbfucks"