Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Pounce disjoints projectiles

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Pounce disjoints projectiles

Hey,
    today I experiened some strange things with slark's ability pounce. He actually can avoid stuns with it, like e.g. Skeleton King stun. I am not sure if this a bug or intended. But I think its bit strange, as u already got binding against other heroes with this ability so escaping stuns should not be part of it. Its also could be the case, he evaded Antimage ultimate as well, but not sure about this.
    Game ID: 67018205
    Last edited by carl_barks; 11-23-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Basic Member
    Yep, it seems that pounce is using the same mechanic as mirana's leap (0.XXX seconds of Windwalk while leap) which allow him to avoid projectiles while it shouldnt. Would be hilarious if they nerf this before fixed pounce.

Basic Member
    Was already reported I believe but wasn't added to the list. Definitely a bug, in dota1 Pounce doesn't disjoint projectiles, at least I tried with various timings with SKK and VS stuns and everytime I'd get stunned. Might be a very small window of time to do it properly but not sure it's the case. On the other hand in dota2 you can disjoint it as long as you pounce while it's in the air regardless, very easy to do.

Basic Member
    not a bug its like blink which can dodge stuff too, yet stuff like sven stun cant be dodged, what is fine.

I couldn't remember if this was doable, and gave it a try yesterday as I was playing Slark.
    If this is really is a bug, then I have abused it several times yesterday. I have disjointed almost every Assassinate attempt from the Sniper. And I trash-talked aswell. And we could probably lose if those Assassinates weren't disjointing.

Match ID 67165689: 14:15 - 14:20 (replay time)

And now I have tested this on DotA Test Map 6.75b; Pounce cannot disjoint neither Assassinate nor Hellfire Blast (Skeleton King).
    So, I confirm this as a [Bug].

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Konung View Post
    Hope this never gets fixed
    Well reverse psychology might work on valve developers Since nothing else does

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Konung View Post
    Hope this never gets fixed
    Agreed.

Basic Member
    Still a bug