Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Add a forfeit function

Add a forfeit function

Please add a forfeit function, so the games will end earlier. Should look like this:

You cannot forfeit before minute 20!
    All 5 players need to forfeit.

Basic Member
    Griefers gonna love that I prefer the HoN way of dealing with it personally, 15 min cc with 5, 30 min with 4.

Even more defeatist attitude, forfeit spam, flame and abuse within the team? People give up way too early already...

And cc spam in publics is mindblowingly annoying and rage inducing for all players.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    Even more defeatist attitude, forfeit spam, flame and abuse within the team? People give up way too early already...

And cc spam in publics is mindblowingly annoying and rage inducing for all players.
    yeah, but thats not the fault of the forfeit feature, its a completely different problem that doesn't really change with or without a surrender vote.

While I would assume a ff feature could be FAR less annoying, defeatist attitude is without a doubt amplified by a forfeit feature.

Basic Member
    no thats a beta, every game is usefull ...

Basic Member
    putting the haters aside for a second, the majority of players are not nerdragers who think the game is over just because they die twice. What if everyone agrees that the game is lost there are many legitimate situations where you know the game is unwinnable. I think a forfeit vote is a very important thing to have.

unfortunately adding tools like this into the match making system would actually hurt it due to players abusing it its better to keep the match making system similar to a "public" styled game this of course can lead to greifing though I am guessing steam/valve can implement a moderating system to reduce the number of players doing this by temporarily banning players from using the match making system or something similar.

this of course under the understanding that valve doesn't want to moderate the match making system on a ridiculous scale D=

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loeffel View Post
    no thats a beta, every game is usefull ...
    I agree.
    VALVe wants to make the game less frustrating without altering the skill-curve so at this stage of the beta, they need to collect data even on games that are already lost to one team. They want to know what the losing team does without the ability to give up. Do they feed, grief, keep on fighting? If they do the latter, was it really is that hopeless? (I saw some great turn-arounds even though the team called gg after 20 minutes)
    Of coure I would want the forfeit function to be added soon but I understand the need for more data.

one of the reasons I never got into HoN after playing the beta was because people would concede after 20 minutes when their team is down by 5 kills. It was freaking ridiculous.