Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Add a forfeit function

Basic Member
    actually from a long time hon player, that is completely not true. The surrender vote feature has been extremely useful and I think ive only had 1 game out of over a thousand games played that a completely ridiculous surrender ever occurred.

99.9999% of the time, its 4 reasonable and skilled players wanting to concede because they know well enough it is over, down by like 30 kills and completely underleveled, and 1 noob guy ruining the vote because he doesnt understand theres nothing u can do vs a 12-0 spectre that is 8 levels above your carry and basically just wastes everyone's time.

I understand why they wouldn't have it for the closed beta, but I hope the forfeit feature will be implemented at some point as I think its kind of ridiculous to have people sit in fountain on a consistent basis

Quote Originally Posted by Dota2Cast View Post
    putting the haters aside for a second, the majority of players are not nerdragers who think the game is over just because they die twice. What if everyone agrees that the game is lost there are many legitimate situations where you know the game is unwinnable. I think a forfeit vote is a very important thing to have.
    I agree completely. Sometimes it is obvious that winning a match is impossible and at some point it will just start to be frustrating to keep on playing. It has nothing to do with "raging", it's just the fact that if I know I will get my ass kicked the next 20+ minutes, playing the game is not much fun and I'd like to call it a "good game" and move on to another match. I realize that it might decrease the fun of the winning team a bit, but I still think it's important to find a balanced approach to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by alienufo View Post
    one of the reasons I never got into HoN after playing the beta was because people would concede after 20 minutes when their team is down by 5 kills. It was freaking ridiculous.
    I'd imagine they also complained a lot if the vote didn't go through?
    SteamID: -TOO- Merkaba

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    Even more defeatist attitude, forfeit spam, flame and abuse within the team? People give up way too early already...

And cc spam in publics is mindblowingly annoying and rage inducing for all players.
    Yes CC spam can be abit annoying when you know you still have a chance. But what if there is a cooldown after you have tried to cc, like 5 minutes. (HoN currently have 60 seconds on all votes). This would in a case mean if you and your mate dont want to cc that you have to put up to down voting 3 ccs in 5 minutes tops.

Basic Member
    I think they should make it, right now people just leave when they think they can't win.

I think its not necessary yet, but when the invite starts (those 100k players) its a must. Also there should be somewhat punishment for leavers, else the community will get even more broken.

As for forfeit function, it should be allowed only if kill difference is above 35, or difference in gold more than 20.000 (use the best out of gold graph!), or when 2 sides are down, etc.. I think 4 votes are enough to forfeit.

Basic Member
    Having certian criterias that is in gold diffrenence or kill difference will just cause more grief imo, either by feeding or by just standing in the base afking.
    What is more fun standing afk, or going dying untill you can cc? We need to put the conceding into the teams decision. We shouldn't force a team to play a match they do not want to play.
    Last edited by Seeder; 09-18-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Only allow FF if the K/D difference is 20. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    Only allow FF if the K/D difference is 20. Problem solved.
    Its still managable to win, 25-30 is fine.

Also it should be disabled, when it hits the criteria make it enabled and only able to make a vote every 4-5 mins (to prevent spamming).