Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 930

Thread: Add a forfeit function

  1. #421
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by slugonice View Post
    Majority of people want a Forfeit Function.

    In the end, Valve will listen to the popular voice.
    This is not true, and can easily be tested with a poll, and also if it was (it is not) Valve should care of the most valuable ideas to make its own game successful. HoN teaches us that ff is bad for the game, Valve is smart and will learn from this lesson

  2. #422
    Basic Member DdsT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by piov1984 View Post
    This is not true, and can easily be tested with a poll, and also if it was (it is not) Valve should care of the most valuable ideas to make its own game successful. HoN teaches us that ff is bad for the game, Valve is smart and will learn from this lesson
    HoN teaches us that ff is good for the game, Valve is smart and will learn from this lesson. Just a matter of opinion as you can see :/
    The one that are against FF seem to always have the following assumption:
    -I'm the only one in the team that want to continue to play because I know we can win and all the other one are retarded teammates that cannot make wise decision.
    By getting over this attitude you can actually solve one of the major concern that is raised in the topic. When I have the feeling that our team might have a chance to win, i simply say it to my team with a little bit of argumentation (don't simply reject the vote without saying nothing or worse by insulting them). Most of the time you'll have your chance.

  3. #423
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,296
    ^ What if I want to continue even though I know that we can't win?

  4. #424
    Basic Member ForsakenBaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    ^ What if I want to continue even though I know that we can't win?
    taking into account your previous suggestion of people just being allowed to leave: will you be satisfied with a forfeit function that requires a 4/5 vote, but after the vote has gone through, the game doesn't end. it just allows people to then quit without punishment. the winning team would then be able to destroy the ancient while you can still try to defend for all you are worth. i merely ask this question out of curiosity. also, take into account the whole thread (or just the parts about forfeit you like), i just don't feel like typing a long description again

  5. #425
    Plz add forfeit function.

  6. #426
    Basic Member kalium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by piov1984 View Post
    HoN teaches us that ff is bad for the game, Valve is smart and will learn from this lesson
    I beg to differ.

    To be honest, the ability to concede a game that is no longer fun for one of the sides is a good thing. People give up when the game is hopeless. When the scores are 32-5, and they have outleveled and outfarmed everyone, but are stalling to push and end the game. What do people do? They know the game is over, so they just stand at the fountain, waiting for the other team to finish a game that's already lost.

    In HoN, people would keep fighting if there was still the slightest of hope. And you know why? Because of the ranking and stats system. Their PSR and ranking positions were at stake, so most people didnt give up that easily. If there was still one person which wanted to keep fighting, everyone would, as the concede vote required the entire team.
    Being able to concede a game that is completely hopeless will not only make the game less frustrating, but will reduce the ammount of people who ragequit. I've seen quite a few just leave the game before it ended, just because they weren't in the mood to wait in the fountain for it to end, or to hopelessly feed even more the enemies.

  7. #427
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    19
    I think the forfeit function is necessary, it has too many adverse effects not to have it. Those who are against it because people keep on cc'ing too fast, you have to realize that that will only be a temporary issue. When I played HoN we had a lot of leavers in the beginning but after enough matchmaking games you end up playing with people of your skill level, at which point really no one plans on leaving at 15 or 20 or whatever the number will be. Its a proven system, Please add this function!

  8. #428
    The only thing a Forfeit function is going to add to the game is grief.

    Someone has a bad start to their game, and decides that they don't feel like digging themselves out of the hole they're in, so they spam their teammates to FF. They do this even though the game isn't lost.

    It also really screws with your late game heroes such as Void, Spec, AM, etc... Yes, your team may be a bit demoralized, but in a lot of games, all it takes is 1 good team fight with your hard carry to turn it around. You FF at 20 or 30 and that kind of stuff just won't happen anymore.

    I understand the motivation for wanting a FF system. There are those games where the enemy camps outside the fountain and stat pad, but the negatives outweigh the positives here.

  9. #429
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by kalium View Post
    I beg to differ.

    To be honest, the ability to concede a game that is no longer fun for one of the sides is a good thing. People give up when the game is hopeless. When the scores are 32-5, and they have outleveled and outfarmed everyone, but are stalling to push and end the game. What do people do? They know the game is over, so they just stand at the fountain, waiting for the other team to finish a game that's already lost.

    In HoN, people would keep fighting if there was still the slightest of hope. And you know why? Because of the ranking and stats system. Their PSR and ranking positions were at stake, so most people didnt give up that easily. If there was still one person which wanted to keep fighting, everyone would, as the concede vote required the entire team.
    Being able to concede a game that is completely hopeless will not only make the game less frustrating, but will reduce the ammount of people who ragequit. I've seen quite a few just leave the game before it ended, just because they weren't in the mood to wait in the fountain for it to end, or to hopelessly feed even more the enemies.
    HoN votes require X votes @ 15 mins and X-1 votes @ 30 mins.

    People would just CC out of games @ 15 that they could have won to requeue into games they can win in 10 minutes to get back the PSR/MMR from the game they didn't stomp.

  10. #430
    Basic Member Voyeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    HoN votes require X votes @ 15 mins and X-1 votes @ 30 mins.

    People would just CC out of games @ 15 that they could have won to requeue into games they can win in 10 minutes to get back the PSR/MMR from the game they didn't stomp.
    What's your MMR bracket?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •