Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast

Thread: Add a forfeit function

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    I don't have a problem with concede for leagues, clans, etc although it makes kinda look a clan bad in my eyes if it is unable to handle losses.
    No team is unable to handle losses with a forfeit or leaving to end the game. They simply are able to handle them EARLIER then an Ancient kill, how can that possibly make someone look worse?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOfUrOmega View Post
    I don't understand this argument. So you don't like ff because your own judgement is poor enough that you would ff games that you could win?
    I think that is what he means. And I find it understandable. If you have the opportunity to escape from a 0/10 game many players would probably take this opportunity although they could have won the game in the end. I think my enemies in DotA 1 were also quite happy that there is no forfeit function for them...

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOfUrOmega View Post
    When people vote ff, it's because they no longer care about winning;
    That's your opinion, but I think that other pro-forfeiters see that different.

Quote Originally Posted by skele_blade View Post
    No team is unable to handle losses with a forfeit or leaving to end the game. They simply are able to handle them EARLIER then an Ancient kill, how can that possibly make someone look worse?
    You should look up the meaning for "handle", because you obviously used it as a synonyme for "recognize".
    Being unable to complete a game because you either rate your "wasted" time higher than the played time or have too much disturbing negative feelings is at least for me a sign that you (those players) still have a lot to learn.

Fail mode

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, the topic was re-enable again by mods?

I am in favor of forfeit, this feature is absolutely necessary, so many times the game was 2-20 at 15 min in pub MM, and the other team take more 20 minutes for destroy all barracks and win the game, so much waste of time and is not fun playing more 20 minutes knowing that you will lose.

Of course Valve need implement a more strict rules for forfeit for not be abusable like HoN or LoL.

My suggestion:

25 min for forfeit, 5 votes necessary and cooldown of 5 minutes between forfeit votes.

They either can't tell us the requirements to put up a forfeit vote (the game will just notify you) or there should be no vote function at all.

Basic Member
    No concede option please...takes the fun out of the game for people who are wining it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
    They either can't tell us the requirements to put up a forfeit vote (the game will just notify you) or there should be no vote function at all.
    Problem is, unless Valve keeps changing this, people will eventually work out the formula or whatever that is required to forfeit, and will do whatever they can do speed up the road to forfeiting.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    You may be right, but take into consideration that this criteria does not apply for the majority of players.
    I myself started playing DotA in February last year, and although I play ~4 games per day, I'm still not at 1750 games.
    I don't have a problem with concede for leagues, clans, etc although it makes kinda look a clan bad in my eyes if it is unable to handle losses.
    I meant 1750+MMR/PSR games (ie games with an average MMR or PSR of 1750 or greater, because in actual fact, in any one year alone before I worked full time, I played more games than that - and I've been playing since RoC DotA).

I also support the idea of having a league system not dissimilar to SC2 in order to roll out different meta rules (like concede, kickvotes etc) to different skill level players, because there's no question that these things can be abused, but also no question that they add vital functionality for people who use them correctly (and the best measure of whether people will use them properly or not is how seriously they take the game, which you measure with these skill indicators). Restricting new and/or bad accounts from using these features is desirable, and I think a system that achieves these restrictions is perfectly feasible, and potentially ties in well with other initiatives that Valve should be interested in, like establishing clearly delineated IH leagues to promote diverse strategies (something HoN was never had and has always had a very ubiquitous metagame where a single strategy dominates all others for clear cut portions of time, until made obsolete - people don't draft different strats against each other, just all just draft the samish strat and try to execute it better).

Quote Originally Posted by matthe2 View Post
    Please add a forfeit function, so the games will end earlier. Should look like this:

You cannot forfeit before minute 20!
    All 5 players need to forfeit.
    That is perfect. I would add the impossibility for the same player to call surrender in the next 5 or 10 minutes.

The concede option was the WORST freaking thing in HoN.

Dude would die twice in the first 4 minutes say CC at 15 then literally run around base waiting for the concede. I NEVER EVER voted concede never. I would tell the guy listen relax be careful lets make a comeback.

He would flame and flame me. Before the Concede option came into HoN, I was apart of. on both sides some really awesome epic comebacks. After the concede option people just CC'ed right away because they were more concerned with their KdR, then trying to pull out a win.

DO NOT PUT A CONCEDE option in. This is a competitive game and you little internet babies and brats need to grow up. Do you think your NFL team should quit because they are down by 17 at Half Time.

Grow up, grow some balls, play as a team, adapt, adjust, become a man and try and win at all costs even if your team starts 0-12 in Kills.

OH btw. IT is easy to win when everything goes right from the start and you have first blood and a good farm. WOW, that shows absolutely no skill. You should be on your way to a win. Skill comes from the Dota 2 game I played just last night. Bottom lane was getting trashed. I said ok lets re-do this. WE decided to go with a Tri-land bottom I soloed top and we turned around an absolutely horrible start, and made a really fun competitive game out of it.

This was a straight pub, I did not know any of them, if you put a CC option in, kiss any type of game like this goodbye. I know I played HoN for over 2 years and the CC was the worst thing that ever happened to that game.
    Last edited by Albain; 01-20-2012 at 01:27 AM.