Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Server Information and Discussion

Basic Member
    developers have holiday so i guess we just w8

Basic Member
    I disagree I can't even play on europe with 175+
    If you think 250 is acceptable then you are definitely not a very good player.
    twitch.tv/blindpanda1 [1080p] DotA 2 Live Gaming Stream w/ Trivia!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe7dust View Post
    I disagree I can't even play on europe with 175+
    If you think 250 is acceptable then you are definitely not a very good player.
    What on earth does skill have to do with it? And I'm pretty sure good players are able to compensate for latency to get similar results. Pro players play with high ping for international online tournaments all the time. It's the bad players who whine that 100+ pings ruin their games.

250ms is on the upper end of playable, but it's still there. Pretty unrealistic to expect Valve to provide <150ms servers to the entire world. They cannot control the world's internet infrastructure.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyzhenhok View Post
    What on earth does skill have to do with it? And I'm pretty sure good players are able to compensate for latency to get similar results. Pro players play with high ping for international online tournaments all the time. It's the bad players who whine that 100+ pings ruin their games.

250ms is on the upper end of playable, but it's still there. Pretty unrealistic to expect Valve to provide <150ms servers to the entire world. They cannot control the world's internet infrastructure.
    That's not unrealistic at all, many games do it. They stand to make pure profit in the store, just use some of that on servers.

Also the way latency relates to skill is that, the unexperienced player probably won't even notice the lag. He's not trying to execute precision timing just auto attack or whatever he decides to click on.
    twitch.tv/blindpanda1 [1080p] DotA 2 Live Gaming Stream w/ Trivia!

Basic Member
    at 350 ping i don't even known what is happening in game

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe7dust View Post
    That's not unrealistic at all, many games do it. They stand to make pure profit in the store, just use some of that on servers.

Also the way latency relates to skill is that, the unexperienced player probably won't even notice the lag. He's not trying to execute precision timing just auto attack or whatever he decides to click on.
    No, it's certainly not "many" games that set up dedicated servers to cater to players in Vladivostok and Johannesburg and St. Helena. A skilled player will notice latency, yes, and they are able to easily compensate for the latency for tasks like last hitting. Shift-queuing commands can also get around some of the effects.

The only people who think you can't play with a latency 200 ms are the kids who did not live in the era of easy broadband and those who are used to LAN environments (like the whiner above I presume, who is Russian). Once the LAN functionality is implemented it will be a non-issue for the few places who do not have a good <200ms server option.

2 years and it seems like they still don't have good enough servers in Asia. I don't really mind high ping but when my game freezes in 5v5 battles it makes the whole game meaningless.

Basic Member
    I hope Valve please enable LAN feature in this year and make ready open beta for dota 2 although heroes roster still incomplete
    Its very idiot to quit play dota 2/TF2 if only problem with comestic items

Basic Member
    bring back the HK server please.

i got 250ms + on SE asia. i only play on SE asia server.

im from taiwan. now i cant really play a game. since its too delay.

sorry for my noob english.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuu View Post
    bring back the HK server please.

i got 250ms + on SE asia. i only play on SE asia server.

im from taiwan. now i cant really play a game. since its too delay.

sorry for my noob english.
    ++++