Thread: Dota 2 Server Information and Discussion

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerx921 View Post
    Refer to last part of my first post.
    so what ping are u getting?

Basic Member
    Tips for Valve:

- bring back the HK server,

- remove the Austrian server (or the one in Luxembourg; no need for two Western servers),

- rename the Swedish server to "Scandinavia",

- move the "Russian"/"EU East" server to Ukraine or Russia (Kiev or Moscow),

- optionally: servers for Australia and RPA (doesn't concern me).

Hosting two supposedly Russian servers in Western and Northern Europe makes completely no sense whatsoever. Really. You want non-English-speaking Russians to play with fellow Russians - give them an incentive to do so. Currently they have better connection to EU West than either "Russia" or "EU East".

I'm sure you know that pings come from not geographical distance, but from the routing distance. That's why some ISPs in Australia have horrible delay to SEA - they are routed to the USA and then back to Asia.

Basic Member
    Perma bann russians from europe please

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightyears View Post
    i have exactly the same ping on luxembourg and austria, but i live much closer to austria and still the ping is the same

same issue for me actually i get better ping on the luxembourg(160) servers even though they are further away than vienna(170~180). i like in pakistan

Basic Member
    We would still like an Australian server. If that is not the case, I play on SEA servers with 190ms (not sure if like)

Basic Member
    hello,
    It would be a great help if if were able to know our pings to the matchmaking servers while accepting the match.
    If we knew the pings are bad beforehand we wont accept the match and it would help many players to leave the match in between due to bad pings.

PS :yeah bad english.
    Last edited by niel999; 11-27-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lajkonik View Post
    Tips for Valve:

- remove the Austrian server (or the one in Luxembourg; no need for two Western servers),

Hosting two supposedly Russian servers in Western and Northern Europe makes completely no sense whatsoever. Really. You want non-English-speaking Russians to play with fellow Russians - give them an incentive to do so. Currently they have better connection to EU West than either "Russia" or "EU East".

I'm sure you know that pings come from not geographical distance, but from the routing distance. That's why some ISPs in Australia have horrible delay to SEA - they are routed to the USA and then back to Asia.
    I think they only host in countries that are "reliable" and by that i mean countries that take software legal stuff seriously. Ukraine and Russia has serious issues with these things.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightyears View Post
    I think they only host in countries that are "reliable" and by that i mean countries that take software legal stuff seriously. Ukraine and Russia has serious issues with these things.
    Steam already have 3 "download regions" (Central, Ural and Siberia) in Russia, you can see it youself in steam settings->download + cloud menu. So i guess they will place dota 2 servers in Russia later...

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lajkonik View Post
    Tips for Valve:

support u

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    Steam already have 3 "download regions" (Central, Ural and Siberia) in Russia, you can see it youself in steam settings->download + cloud menu. So i guess they will place dota 2 servers in Russia later...
    yes but download regions and hosted game servers are not the same