Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 848

Thread: Dota 2 Server Information and Discussion

  1. #31
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerx921 View Post
    Refer to last part of my first post.
    so what ping are u getting?

  2. #32
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    641
    Tips for Valve:

    - bring back the HK server,

    - remove the Austrian server (or the one in Luxembourg; no need for two Western servers),

    - rename the Swedish server to "Scandinavia",

    - move the "Russian"/"EU East" server to Ukraine or Russia (Kiev or Moscow),

    - optionally: servers for Australia and RPA (doesn't concern me).

    Hosting two supposedly Russian servers in Western and Northern Europe makes completely no sense whatsoever. Really. You want non-English-speaking Russians to play with fellow Russians - give them an incentive to do so. Currently they have better connection to EU West than either "Russia" or "EU East".

    I'm sure you know that pings come from not geographical distance, but from the routing distance. That's why some ISPs in Australia have horrible delay to SEA - they are routed to the USA and then back to Asia.

  3. #33
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6
    Perma bann russians from europe please

  4. #34
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by lightyears View Post
    i have exactly the same ping on luxembourg and austria, but i live much closer to austria and still the ping is the same


    same issue for me actually i get better ping on the luxembourg(160) servers even though they are further away than vienna(170~180). i like in pakistan

  5. #35
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    278
    We would still like an Australian server. If that is not the case, I play on SEA servers with 190ms (not sure if like)

  6. #36
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    42
    hello,
    It would be a great help if if were able to know our pings to the matchmaking servers while accepting the match.
    If we knew the pings are bad beforehand we wont accept the match and it would help many players to leave the match in between due to bad pings.


    PS :yeah bad english.
    Last edited by niel999; 11-27-2012 at 11:25 PM.

  7. #37
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lajkonik View Post
    Tips for Valve:

    - bring back the HK server,

    - remove the Austrian server (or the one in Luxembourg; no need for two Western servers),

    - rename the Swedish server to "Scandinavia",

    - move the "Russian"/"EU East" server to Ukraine or Russia (Kiev or Moscow),

    - optionally: servers for Australia and RPA (doesn't concern me).

    Hosting two supposedly Russian servers in Western and Northern Europe makes completely no sense whatsoever. Really. You want non-English-speaking Russians to play with fellow Russians - give them an incentive to do so. Currently they have better connection to EU West than either "Russia" or "EU East".

    I'm sure you know that pings come from not geographical distance, but from the routing distance. That's why some ISPs in Australia have horrible delay to SEA - they are routed to the USA and then back to Asia.
    I think they only host in countries that are "reliable" and by that i mean countries that take software legal stuff seriously. Ukraine and Russia has serious issues with these things.

  8. #38
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by lightyears View Post
    I think they only host in countries that are "reliable" and by that i mean countries that take software legal stuff seriously. Ukraine and Russia has serious issues with these things.
    Steam already have 3 "download regions" (Central, Ural and Siberia) in Russia, you can see it youself in steam settings->download + cloud menu. So i guess they will place dota 2 servers in Russia later...

  9. #39
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lajkonik View Post
    Tips for Valve:

    - bring back the HK server,

    - remove the Austrian server (or the one in Luxembourg; no need for two Western servers),

    - rename the Swedish server to "Scandinavia",

    - move the "Russian"/"EU East" server to Ukraine or Russia (Kiev or Moscow),

    - optionally: servers for Australia and RPA (doesn't concern me).

    Hosting two supposedly Russian servers in Western and Northern Europe makes completely no sense whatsoever. Really. You want non-English-speaking Russians to play with fellow Russians - give them an incentive to do so. Currently they have better connection to EU West than either "Russia" or "EU East".

    I'm sure you know that pings come from not geographical distance, but from the routing distance. That's why some ISPs in Australia have horrible delay to SEA - they are routed to the USA and then back to Asia.
    support u

  10. #40
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    Steam already have 3 "download regions" (Central, Ural and Siberia) in Russia, you can see it youself in steam settings->download + cloud menu. So i guess they will place dota 2 servers in Russia later...
    yes but download regions and hosted game servers are not the same

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •