Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Server Information and Discussion

Basic Member
    Hello,

I just wanted to report that I have pretty annoying lags on Europe West. Before when it was only one server for Europe I had no issues at all. Europe East is about 4 times as far away as Europe West from my location and the ping is about 1/4th. Makes no sense in my opinion and I was wondering if other people are experiencing the same phenomenon.

If anyone wants to ask for numbers:

Ping for Europe West: 130-170
    Ping for Europe East: 35-45

Kind regards,

Alex

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakz View Post
    Yeah, insult the people who made a FREE-TO-PLAY game.
    Which costs 30 Dollars to buy.
    Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Which costs 30 Dollars to buy.
    Alright.
    You are talking about invite? Lol... Invite is not the one that costs the money, the items that come with it do. And since Valve has recently shared so many invites you can find them on sites with max 2-3 euro.

Basic Member
    As a player from South Africa, I have to play on EU servers for minimal latency... which is at least 230ms.

I would really appreciate it if Valve could just grant us servers so that we can actually play properly, and last hitting with 230ms+ is quite tricky.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fakoykas View Post
    You are talking about invite? Lol... Invite is not the one that costs the money, the items that come with it do. And since Valve has recently shared so many invites you can find them on sites with max 2-3 euro.
    But you can easily get scammed on those sites because they're not official. It doesn't matter that you pay for game content if you buy an "invite", what matters is that you pay 30$ just to realize that you will be unable to play the game in the end due to latency problems.

Basic Member
    Can't believe you guys closed out the HK servers without adding a viable alternative for those of us in Korea and Japan. Either fix the China servers or bring back HK guys.

Since latest small patch I can't spectate live games. I get this message when trying to enter any game:

WARNING
    Disconnected from Server.
    Connection to the server exceeded the number of retries.
    Server is probably not available.

I can play MM without issues but can't spectate games.
    None of this is real.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okaybrah View Post
    Can't believe you guys closed out the HK servers without adding a viable alternative for those of us in Korea and Japan. Either fix the China servers or bring back HK guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziziwuwu View Post
    without HK server, China server is overloaded, I have good ping to China server, but it's more lag than those server with 400ms ping...
    China server has been very laggy since monday 11/26 (when the Hongkong Server became unslectable)

Every time i am in game, the lag causes the game to almost be unplayable.
    I only have 33ms ping on china server, but my char still skips across the screen other players in game on both teams say the same thing. They have low ping, but still experience lag.
    -Reconecting doesnt work.
    -Playing with lower graphic settings doesnt work.

\* Rant *\
    I've only played on china server for the past month. I used to be able to play on SEA and US west, but because (i took an arrow to the knee JK ) of an update to the game, i disconect if i play from any server but china and am unable to reconect.
    Now china server is very lagy..... i love this game... but... I know Gabe Newell said that Windows8 would make me want to "rage quit computing" But its more like Dota2 servers are going to make me rage quit gaming again just kidding... but seriously. Something needs fixed.
    \* end Rant *\

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metoras View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to report that I have pretty annoying lags on Europe West. Before when it was only one server for Europe I had no issues at all. Europe East is about 4 times as far away as Europe West from my location and the ping is about 1/4th. Makes no sense in my opinion and I was wondering if other people are experiencing the same phenomenon.

If anyone wants to ask for numbers:

Ping for Europe West: 130-170
    Ping for Europe East: 35-45

Kind regards,

Alex
    Coming from north-west Germany and have the same problem. EU west is rly shitty to play on atm with 140 ping for me, while east seems to be normal.

Basic Member
    Are there any plans for an Israeli or middle eastern server?