Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Server Information and Discussion

Are servers down? cant connect to them

Basic Member
    Yes. Everything is down.

Banned
    All down... GG.COM.
    Dota 2 can close. XD

Servers have decided to stop working (no update from valve on that matter yet but i guess they need to restart the server clusters )
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Basic Member
    160+ping on EU West and Russia now. From usually 50ms. Unplayable basically, it's like running in treacle.

90 ping to EU East.

Something is not working properly.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Can you please explain me the problem?

Whatever VPN server i choose, if i ping from the Kazakhstan server to any of the valve's,

Трассировка маршрута к lux.valve.net [146.66.152.1]
    с максимальным числом прыжков 30:

1 103 ms 106 ms 73 ms 10.10.0.1
    2 69 ms 72 ms 62 ms 89.218.102.1
    3 102 ms 74 ms 65 ms 82.200.252.77
    4 131 ms 225 ms 252 ms kara-core-l2-1-2.online.kz [92.47.151.130]
    5 157 ms 235 ms 221 ms asta-core-l1-1-2.online.kz [92.47.150.198]
    6 137 ms 197 ms 142 ms akto-core-l1-1-2.online.kz [92.47.145.54]
    7 161 ms 202 ms 189 ms akto-gate-1.online.kz [92.47.151.57]
    8 115 ms 122 ms 223 ms 78.25.80.193
    9 * * * Превышен интервал ожидания для запроса.
    10 * * * Превышен интервал ожидания для запроса.
    11 323 ms 343 ms 301 ms gw.lux.valve.net [146.66.152.1]

So my packets lost at 78.25.80.*

I tried different vpn services - same shit for all.

However if i connect with russian servers - ping is better.

This packet loss started recently after the server maintenance. SO whose it's the problem? My ICP's or Valve's? And is it possible to fix it?

Basic Member
    thx for making routing to EU West better

Hope youŽll fix EU East as well on monday

for reference on eu east: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=137561

Basic Member
    eu west is shit again this evening in europe, 150ms+ all 10 players

Basic Member
    Hello, Devs.

Not sure if you will ever see this, but I've been thinking about the servers and bandwidth for a long time, and since it's the business I'm in I thought I'd share. I'm sure your network engineers have done their own work on this, but maybe they're saying the same things, I couldn't know.

Connection times have been getting worse and worse. The accounts of DDOS attacks, and now just huge latency have been getting lots of airplay in streams, tournaments, and just random chatter in the scene. So, it would seem to me that the entire server architecture needs to be changed, and the servers that are not under your control should be re-integrated into the Valve network. Here is my reasoning:

What I believe needs to happen, is a change in how connections happen over the DOTA network. From the way that I understand it, each player is connecting directly over their ISP network to whatever server is hosting the game. I would suggest a change to a mesh network, "serverless" or cloud-type architecture, that bases connection entirely on RTD between the parties that are in match-making. Each player would connect to the closest ping server, as determined by a short network test upon connecting to DOTA. The DOTA server network would then bridge the connections from the edge server into a more centralized server via high-speed, low-latency connections that Valve would keep on their own back-end. This is roughly how the AWS and other cloud provider serve their data also, if I am not mistaken. By keeping a low internal ping, and a short distance between the users and the local servers, the user experience for players would be brought to a top-tier level. I know that my company actually carries a low-latency route for another company that must-not-be-named. This would have the added benefit of allowing virtual servers that can scale as connections are made, where the backend blades/cores being made available as more users come online, and in whatever region makes the most impact at the time. Making a change to this architecture would also allow the implementation of cloudflare type DDOS protections on the server side, where the DNS would automatically respond, and in return the backend architecture would immediately respond to allow users to be instantly migrated to available hardware. If done properly, users would never know that they were just swapped to another server farm.

I would further suggest (or possibly alternately), that Valve offer it's own, or a re-branded offering of a VPN service dedicated specifically for professional gaming with the VPN servers being co-located in the same data centers as the DOTA regional servers. If it were internal, and DOTA specific, you could add overhead bytes that would further monitor the state of the user connections, and respond automatically to network conditions.

Thanks for reading. Hope you guys keep up the good work. I love this game you have made, and hope it will continue to grow and become the pinnacle of e-sports that it should be. I don't want anyone to be able to denigrate DOTA for any reason. I want to be proud of the company and the developers that I have put my faith in. Please, keep living up to your own ideas of greatness, and the ideal of excellence that can be achieved.

Regards,

Some guy who plays your game.
    Last edited by elaphros; 11-12-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Dota 2 network update announced http://blog.dota2.com/2014/11/network-update/
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.