Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disruptor's 'Glimpse' Ability Occasionally Does Not Show Target's Destination Effect

Basic Member

Disruptor's 'Glimpse' Ability Occasionally Does Not Show Target's Destination Effect

As the title says, there are times where Disruptor's Glimpse Ability does not show the 'lightning ball' effect of where the target will be brought to. I have 68 matches with Disruptor, and I have seen this glitch occur perhaps 1 out of every 7 games. A client restart (or two, sometimes) fixes the aforementioned glitch.

If requested I can provide more detailed system specs.

If there is a genuine interest from the devs I suppose I can start running Fraps and try to catch the visual glitch in action.

Currently Using

Intel i7 3770
    GeForce GTX670

my god this is SO crap. had it two times in a row now. lost both games (DUH). restarted client multiple times during game, but still didnt fix it for me. lucky it works for you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this. its getting worse.

Banned
    YES i just had this happen on tournament game, pls fix pls

Basic Member
    Has a fix been found for this yet? I bought the Polycount set for Disruptor and was excited to play him until I realized my Glimpse was bugged. Reinstalled the game, restarted my computer, nothing fixed it.

oh I haven't noticed this but theres a visual glitch for me where the hero is put in "roots"

Basic Member
    Just chiming in that this is happening to me too. Lately when I have been playing Disruptor, I have been having the issue that OP describes: absent Glimpse effect showing the destination of the target. This is further compounded by what frankles describes as the targeted hero having the Entangle animation. I described it on Reddit here and, from the comments, there are clearly a number of other people who have this issue.

EDIT: Might I also add that my Dota 2 game files are 100% verified according to Steam, this problem is not fixed by a reinstall, and there is no relation between this problem and whether or not I have the Rider of the Storm custom set equipped.
    Last edited by Nullity; 12-27-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Basic Member
    Confirming that this only started happening to me when the Entangle effect also started appearing. I thought it was intended (but admittedly stupid).

Basic Member
    i got this problem too its pretty annoiyng please fix this so we can play disruptor more

Same story. For me the target spot effect does not appear at all. Have to predict where the enemy would pop up.