Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Update Notes - November 28, 2012

Basic Member
    GAMEPLAY
    - Pseudo Random chances are now enabled for these abilities: Coup de Grace, Slardar's Bash, Time Lock, Drunken Brawler's Crit, Headshot, Blade Dance, Chaos Knight's Crit, Lycan's Crit and Skeleton King's Crit.

Basic Member
    seriously valve? 6 weeks - 2 heroes ? developers are really lazy
    shit update.Im getting used to no heroes, so yea... gj, I really think that you guys will finish the game before 2013 like you promised.

Quote Originally Posted by neeesteea View Post
    seriously valve? 6 weeks - 2 heroes ? developers are really lazy
    shit update.Im getting used to no heroes, so yea... gj, I really think that you guys will finish the game before 2013 like you promised.
    They didn't promise anything! If they did, they would have used proper Valve Time.

No Slark bugs have been weeded out so he is still unfit for CM. Not that it matters since he wouldn't be picked anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kirves View Post
    True random is bad in a game where skill is expected to determine outcomes. It's bullshit to lose a fight simply because someone lucked out, even if they were in a bad position or made a bad play beforehand. Random isn't completely bad, though. A random little advantage here and there is fine, but more consistent and predictable procs leaves more room for skillful reaction. These scenarios where true random has lead to crit after crit or absolutely nothing are bullshit. PRC *is* still random. It just evens things out with the percentages. True random was NEVER intended, so I don't know why you defend it as if it were.
    Except that some heroes are meant to be ruled by randomness, Ogre and PA are the extreme examples but there are heroes like CK who can get lucky with 4 second stuns or they get unlucky and still get a decent 2 second stun

Quote Originally Posted by halftheman View Post
    I just tried this against bots I could not get it to work.
    Then fortunately it's different from dota1, we need an explanation on how the new one works

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    so are these pseudo random chances how it works in wc3?
    also, why does counter helix not get it? it's kind of the only skill that really needed it anyway...

i actually prefered normal chances (excepct for axe maybe. But even there you could find other ways to fix it.)
    Or at least display in tooltip how it works.. i really hate it when the tooltip is completely misleading and the spell works completely different.

Basic Member
    Except that some heroes are meant to be ruled by randomness, Ogre and PA are the extreme examples
    How is PA comparable to Ogre. Higher attack speed values increase her crit % and therefore make it more reliable. And she has a very high Agi stat gain so her crit does naturally become more reliable with levels so this isn't dependent on how you itemize. She isn't any more ruled by randomness than Void is.

Ogre is just random.
    Last edited by Radio; 11-29-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Banned
    GAMEPLAY
    - Pseudo Random chances are now enabled for these abilities: Coup de Grace, Slardar's Bash, Time Lock, Drunken Brawler's Crit, Headshot, Blade Dance, Chaos Knight's Crit, Lycan's Crit and Skeleton King's Crit.
    I think this is the best update so far. PRD was really missing from dota2.

Thanks.

Basic Member
    thx for update ............not.

Quote Originally Posted by kirves View Post
    BETA IS BETA
    AND IT WILL REMAIN ONE IF THEY DON'T FIX THE BUGS THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO FIX DURING A BETA
    Last edited by KappaG3; 11-29-2012 at 09:05 AM.

I told you, ooooooh i told you lol.
    now prepare for the new cosmetics!