Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sound Bugs

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Assume wc3 behaviour for now.
    I know we should always take WC3 as a parameter for comparison, since it was the original engine behind everything.

But, if I may, I'd like to make a point here:
    A lot of things changed from Dota1 to Dota2, and I really don't feel like hating any of them.

One of the things I'm liking the most is the fact that you can hear things in FoW.
    At first I thought it was intended. But reading this right now, I'm getting pretty upset thinking about that it's a bug and it will be "fixed".

My point is, straightening it up: There should be no reason in "fixing" it, as, at least for me, it seems to be pretty normal and acceptable that you can hear sounds from FoW.
    Maybe just keep a few Global, like Dismember and Stampede (maybe some others?), and let the others skills only be heard if you are in the range of hearing it (let's say, same range as night vision).
    It just feels, sorry for the expression, retarded that you can't hear through fog of war.
    Seriously, think about it. Why shouldn't you hear something just because you can't see it?
    Just because "WC3 Dota was like this"?

Those where my two cents.
    Thanks for your attention.

Basic Member
    the other problem is that it is inconsistent. so even if the current sound-fog interaction should be intended, it isnt working on all spells.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

In this game 70039424 we could see shadow demons poison through FoW when he was farming their neutrals (small camp).

E: Reported it here even though it don't have 100% to do with the thread.

Basic Member
    ^SOUND bug. what is sound....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    ^SOUND bug. what is sound....
    If I remember correctly I could hear it too. What seems to be the problem?

Basic Member
    ^if u cant hear it in dota 1, sure it's a bug.

I just realized you can hear the neutral creeps attacking enemy heroes on fog. That changes games a lot.
    I tested on WC3 DotA map and couldn't hear anything, but on Dota 2 you can hear, for example, the kobold master using his wipe on enemy heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidMaster View Post
    Seriously, think about it. Why shouldn't you hear something just because you can't see it?
    Just because "WC3 Dota was like this"?

Those where my two cents.
    Thanks for your attention.
    I just mean as a guide as to what to report for sound bugs. I don't claim to know Icefrog's intentions behind this particular mechanic. It is up to him if he wants to keep the wc3 interaction or not, and so far he has.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    I just mean as a guide as to what to report for sound bugs. I don't claim to know Icefrog's intentions behind this particular mechanic. It is up to him if he wants to keep the wc3 interaction or not, and so far he has.
    Sure, but by that quote logic, we should hear roshan attack in the fog, people buying items, coins sound when someone kill a neutral camp and the heroes speeches everytime.
    And heroes like Lycan who is a wolf should hear everything on a 5000 range?

Volunteer Moderator
    Well you can SEE and hear furion's (er "Nature's Prophet") teleport at the last location you saw him, if it is still revealed from fog, which I would consider kind of buggy...