Thread: Suggestion: Host replays/ Multi-viewer replay viewing

Basic Member

Cool Suggestion: Host replays/ Multi-viewer replay viewing

What Dota 2 really needs is some way to host a lobby for specific replays... where the host is the person who controls the replay, and everyone else can observe. Some added features would be like the ability to draw on the map and what not. This would really help with coaching, as well as analysis for teams.

Starcraft 1 had a feature somewhat like this ,but it disappeared in all subsequent RTS games by blizzard. Sadly.

I would LOVE this feature in this game so much!

Thanks,

Xismm

Basic Member
    +1 for mentioning StarCraft.

Yeah that'd be a great feature in D2 as well.

I think this is a great idea. I probably would have started this exact thread myself sooner or later.
    Thank you for your time.

+1 but i wouldn't restrict everyone in the lobby to the host's perspective. Just have host perspective as an option with the current options already because even if the host is your captain for the team you might want to be in player perspective of only the carry player or only the mid player etc.

Basic Member
    +1. Its a must! This would be great for new teams to learn from pro teams and also to coach new players!
    Hope it gets implemented

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IceSkulL View Post
    This would be great for new teams to learn from pro teams and also to coach new players!
    Not to mention teams that practice You can either learn from others, as you said or you can analyze your own game.

Basic Member
    Just diggin this out as this is NEEDED much more than stupid cosmetic errors.
    Give me my old Traxex back, the one with ice-cold eyes and face paint!

Why do carries get all credit for winning a game where he goes 30 min afk farming while the rest is defending everything?

Basic Member
    +1
    this will be good for team training

Basic Member
    +1!

Same boat, searched to find this suggestion as I also ran into this recently. I really want to walk a newbie friend IRL through his own game to interactively explain things and answer questions - this would be perfect exactly as described (with "spectators" able to free camera or share view/cursor with the host).

On a positive/hopeful note, I see this was mentioned in an early dev FAQ:

http://blog.dota2.com/2010/11/dota-2-qa/

Q: Will the replay system allow me to move freely backwards and forwards in time rather than having to watch a whole replay? (by Luciando)
    A: You’ll be able to jump around to any point in the replay, add bookmarks for easy referencing, view detailed stats and graphs while the game is going, and watch through a specific player’s view (with regards to their camera movement). You’ll also be able to watch replays with friends if you want to review a game or learn from your mistakes. To aid videomakers, the replay system will have flexible camera angle and speed controls. There will also be a bunch of commentating and editing features you can add to your replays.
    Hope this is still on their radar of planned features!