Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Alchemist Unstable Concoction Damage/Stun

[Confirmed] Alchemist Unstable Concoction Damage/Stun

I constantly see alchemists throw the projectile at 2 seconds for the maximum stun/damage and it bothered me that they did that, since maximum stun comes at 5 seconds of "brewing".

This bothered me so I double checked the interactions with alchemist's stun in-game via the combat log. Apparently it has incorrect values; in dota 1, the spell is considered to be "brewing" when it's a projectile, meaning that in dota 1, throwing it after brewing it for 4-4.5s would yield the maximum stun/damage (since the projectile flying time would total it to 5s of brewing) whilst in dota 2 you have to charge it up for 5 seconds before throwing for the full effects.

Also, on a side note, I noticed that the projectile cant "explode" mid-flight like it does in dota 1 if 7 seconds are reached.

I've tested this for around 20 minutes, someone else can test to confirm as well.

Dota 2: When spell is released, it keeps its "brewing" count the same as when alchemist releases it and damages/stuns accordingly.

Dota 1: The spell continues to "brew" until it hits a target, meaning it becomes more potent whilst flying mid-air as a projectile. Also, the 7s expiry time can occur while the projectile is in the air, dealing aoe damage/stun at the point of expiry between cast and target.

If im not mistaken after 7s it takes 1 or 0.5s to explodes the bomb (thats why after 7s it almost always explodes in midair).
    I can confirm that in dota2 concotion never explodes in mid-air.

Bump

Basic Member
    ^...dont bump ur thread when it's still in the 1st page

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    ^...dont bump ur thread when it's still in the 1st page
    It wasn't, it was on third.

added to sticky.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Thanks

This update log seems to state that it was fixed.

I haven't tested if the flight time adds to the damage and stun, but I know that the projectile won't explode in mid-air no matter how long it travels for. Somebody should test to confirm.

Volunteer Moderator
    The projectile still can't explode mid-flight... Well I haven't ever seen it explode, so I am 99% sure it still doesn't explode.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    I constantly see alchemists throw the projectile at 2 seconds for the maximum stun/damage and it bothered me that they did that, since maximum stun comes at 5 seconds of "brewing".

This bothered me so I double checked the interactions with alchemist's stun in-game via the combat log. Apparently it has incorrect values; in dota 1, the spell is considered to be "brewing" when it's a projectile, meaning that in dota 1, throwing it after brewing it for 4-4.5s would yield the maximum stun/damage (since the projectile flying time would total it to 5s of brewing) whilst in dota 2 you have to charge it up for 5 seconds before throwing for the full effects.
    This part was fixed. It continues to "brew" while in flight gaining damage and stun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    Also, on a side note, I noticed that the projectile cant "explode" mid-flight like it does in dota 1 if 7 seconds are reached.

I've tested this for around 20 minutes, someone else can test to confirm as well.

Dota 2: When spell is released, it keeps its "brewing" count the same as when alchemist releases it and damages/stuns accordingly.

Dota 1: The spell continues to "brew" until it hits a target, meaning it becomes more potent whilst flying mid-air as a projectile. Also, the 7s expiry time can occur while the projectile is in the air, dealing aoe damage/stun at the point of expiry between cast and target.
    This still bugged. Concoction can't explode in mid air.