Thread: Magnus Hoof Attack Sound

Magnus Hoof Attack Sound

I notice that Magnus has an attack animation in which he uses his hoof to crush enemies. However, it has the sounds of his spear attacks.

Though I want to suggest to remove that hoof attack animation completely since it's very weak and hard to notice especially when viewed from behind Magnus.

Basic Member
    Not sure what "hoof" attack you're referring to, but, if you're referring to "Empower" where he rears up on his hind legs, he's not attacking, he's "enhancing" his abilities/strength. If you're referring to "Skewer", he's rushing the enemy to 'skewer' them with his horn, so, yeah, it should sound 'spear'ish'.

No, he actualy kicks his enemies sometimes while autoattacking, kinda like Beastmaster, yet the attack makes "sharp" sound, that's what he means.

Just watch him autoattack, sometimes he swings his pike from left to right, sometimes opposite, sometimes he stabs and sometimes he kicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    ah, i understand now. Yes sometimes he has like a "stomping" animation, yet still the slicing sound is played. So I agree that should either be changed or the kick/stomp animation removed, which sometimes it's hard to tell that he's even doing anything.

IIRC Phantom Lancer makes the same sound with all of his kicks/jabs/lance whacks too. These sound oversights should be revised where applicable.