Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread: Matchmaking gives you bad allies instead of better enemies. Please listen Valve.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    I think you missed the subtle message that we won't be believing shit regardless of what you do. For a psychologist, you sure like to dwelve in inane arguments.

By the way, is the captured prince of Nigeria with you? Tell him I'd like to help him with my bank account so he can share part of his inmense wealth with me.
    Maybe I'm just bored? I'm not a psychologist. I'm a psychology major with 4 years of education. Everyone goes to college nowadays and get a degree, no?

By the way, who's we? Mr. Irrelevante the Noob and his Company who think orchid is a good item on nyx? OOOHHH yeah

Every single one of you haven't touched matchmaking for months and still want to argue that certain items are good for this and that

Fucking jokers
    Last edited by cvi; 12-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cvi View Post
    Maybe I'm just bored? I'm not a psychologist. I'm a psychology major with 4 years of education. Everyone goes to college nowadays and get a degree, no?
    I think you missed the subtle message that we won't be believing shit regardless of what you do.
    That includes your modus operandi.

Banned
    C'mon guys keep this on topic, the past few pages are completely unrelated BS. But I'll break down OP's post.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaven View Post
    Currently, if you solo queue, DotA 2 likes to hold you around the 50-53% win ratio.
    True
    Of course, smashing with friends raises this.
    Proof? For me they are all around 50%, as stated on my dotabuff profile.
    It punishes them with retarded team mates instead of moving them up the ladder into better games with better players.
    False, see this poll, and my analysis. It is highly likely that you are delusional in this respect.
    Valve has to know the issue exists and their algorithm is not producing a happy player base.
    The truth is bitter, players are not as good as they think they are.
    In every other MOBA game in this genre, you work your way up.
    You do here...
    I, and others, find it very hard to believe for an instant, if you have 123,000 players online and you win 5 games, you suddenly get put in the same game as very rotten players. You should move up into higher bracket games.
    I've explained this COUNTLESS TIMES to people. The chance of you encountering someone stupid is the same in any game, too bad you only remember the ones that ruined your streak. There is no proof that you are more likely to get matched with shittier people after winning games, but better opponents. Sift through your games and see.
    Secondly, when you are pushed into higher bracket games, you are technically the "noob." Say that your true equilibrium is 90 points, by chance you won 5 in a row and you got into a 100 points game. You are now a 90 points noob playing in a 100 points game. And of course you are more likely to lose and go back down to your true equillibrium.

In DotA 2, you work your way down. You perform well only to be punished later in a series of enjoyable 30-5 games. For example, if you, or I, win a lot of games in a row, you find yourself stuck with beginner players.
    Proof? You can't say it's bad without some concrete evidence. See above as well. The fact that you are suggesting people are actually getting placed at the top then going down is incredibly stupid.

I still hold that we need visible rankings. We need a system that rewards good play with moving up, not moving down. Current match making is not sufficient unless you're constantly winning with 4 good friends.
    Visible rankings won't change how MM works. There is a common misconception around the forum that if the players see a number, MM will somehow behave differently.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    That includes your modus operandi.
    You don't even play matchmaking anymore. Why are you even here?