Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking gives you bad allies instead of better enemies. Please listen Valve.

Banned

Forcing 50% win by putting players on teams of incompetent trash isn't the way

to creata an enjoyable matchmaking experience.

Currently, if you solo queue, DotA 2 likes to hold you around the 50-53% win ratio. Of course, smashing with friends raises this, but the problem lies in the fact this match making doesn't reward good players. It punishes them with retarded team mates instead of moving them up the ladder into better games with better players. This has been griped about countless times, and Valve has to know the issue exists and their algorithm is not producing a happy player base. In every other MOBA game in this genre, you work your way up.

I, and others, find it very hard to believe for an instant, if you have 123,000 players online and you win 5 games, you suddenly get put in the same game as very rotten players. You should move up into higher bracket games.

In DotA 2, you work your way down. You perform well only to be punished later in a series of enjoyable 30-5 games. For example, if you, or I, win a lot of games in a row, you find yourself stuck with beginner players.

Smiply put, what is implemented now is not sufficient and is horrible, at best.

Thoughts?

I still hold that we need visible rankings. We need a system that rewards good play with moving up, not moving down. Current match making is not sufficient unless you're constantly winning with 4 good friends.

Basic Member
    how many of this post we need to valve to do something? is like 3 post of s*** matchmarking everyday

Basic Member
    If you go through random players win/losses on Dota Buff there is no evidence of these claims when you take the data as a whole. It seems to be entirely based on selective memory of players. And is the equivalent of Elo hell from Hon and Lol. When users of high skill play on user accounts with low skill this effect does not manifest.

If you play with 4 friends you will see match making works somewhat. If you keep winning, opponents get better.
    Sounds like most people get games with newbs and say "omg valve mm so bad!! put newbz on my team to bring my pro high imba win rate down to 50%!!" Believe it or not, it COULD be by chance that you get a newb ally on your 6th games.
    Of course, match making doesn't work too well right now because stacks play with solos :/

Banned
    How do you go from top viewed live games to players that level midnight pulse first. The ranking is disgusting and doesn't work.

Please explain this to me.

Basic Member
    Raven stfu we dont need our vision of our ranking you are either at the top and know it or not. And im always page 1 and i never see you so wtf are you even talking about rofl. Go back to HoN.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRaven View Post
    How do you go from top viewed live games to players that level midnight pulse first. The ranking is disgusting and doesn't work.

Please explain this to me.
    By having potty mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoN View Post
    Raven stfu we dont need our vision of our ranking you are either at the top and know it or not. And im always page 1 and i never see you so wtf are you even talking about rofl. Go back to HoN.
    hello YaphetS

Basic Member
    Raven, you are the trash.

Basic Member
    Well in sometime i get a good team sometime newbies i have 43 % win rate but i dont give a shit about it because when i was noob and i played with pro players i learned alot and so all other newbies do its a beta you forgot ? There is no learn how to play in game currently its not avalible yeah sometime i get 5-7 lose streak but 4-6 win streak too