Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force Staff doesn't force even an inch when Leashed or in Kinetic Field

Force Staff doesn't force even an inch when Leashed or in Kinetic Field

Hey DLRevan!
    I hate you **** ****-***.

Initial thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=63979 (expires on 5th of Dec)
    That thread never got its [Confirmed] tag.
    That thread never got closed, although there wasn't anything to be discussed in it.
    That thread got several false responses from the users that do not know that they should test before posting.

Summary:

If a unit is Leashed with Pounce (Slark), or trapped inside a Kinetic Field (Disruptor), that unit cannot be moved even an inch by the Force Staff.

Reproducement Steps:
    1. Create a Slark and a Disruptor
    2. Create a dummy enemy unit
    3. Trap the dummy with Pounce or Kinetic Field
    4. Cast an allied or non-allied Force Staff on the trapped dummy

Result:

The dummy doesn't move an inch. Begins auto-attacking if Force Staff is cast by the dummy unit, stands still if cast by another unit.

Expected Result:

The dummy unit should move a maximum distance of 600. It should be like if the dummy unit moves 600 units by walking, but much faster. If during its journey the dummy unit hits the limits of the Leash or the extends of the Kinetic Field barrier, unit should not be able to get past through.

You could have at least done your job and moved the initial thread to the Gameplay Bugs section. 4 days have passed, and I am the one creating the thread once again.
    And you know what? Being an actual "bug tester" should actually prevent me from getting banned like this.
    I was the only one that actually posted something that should be posted on the Critical Bugs section that day, while hundreds of Beta Testers were circle-jerking on the Update Notes thread about no-heroes and complaining that there isn't anything to test.
    You have banned the only user that has done something according to the purpose of that section.
    It could be tolerated. You could have tolerated. But you've chosen not to, although it was part of your responsibility for that thread not to come to that stage.

Just **** you.
    Ask yourself if you have done your job to prevent such occasions before banning people like this next time.

Basic Member
    Well the problem here is the point that kinetic field or the leash effects are more like "(movement)purges" in my eyes.
    If you look close and watch what is happening if you reach the limit, it seems like the movement is set to a rate around 0.00001 (just a guess because it looks like).

Not like in DotA 1 were the field or leash truely set a "barrier" in the game itself to block movement. Heroes in DotA 1 as i remember try to walk around it and moving a bit inside the field or leash.
    In DotA 2 they just try to walk the straight line and get their movement speed "purged". It's nearly impossible to walk at the edge of these effects.

If someone is able to state my guess i would be happy iam not that good in coding things

Basic Member
    You aren't clear in your post, at all.
    I'm assuming what you mean is, force staff is used, but it has no effect whatsoever.
    Expected: Forced unit is pushed, but does not go beyond the boundary created by kinetic field/pounce
    Also, flaming people does not help your case.

Basic Member
    That thread never got its [Confirmed] tag.

Not every thread get tagged, and given the previous interaction (Force able to just jump out) I think this is a temporary solution until they work something else out.

That thread never got closed, although there wasn't anything to be discussed in it.

Threads that are closed are usually due to being duplicate, incorrect, or fixed, none of which is what happened with the previous thread, so what's the problem here?

That thread got several false responses from the users that do not know that they should test before posting.

Then just ignore them, nobody's perfect and telling someone to go burn in hell is not exactly what testers are for.

More so when the guy you went off on was actually AGREEING with you.
    What he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraivo View Post
    Force must not breake the leash
    Your expected result on this very thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    If during its journey the dummy unit hits the limits of the Leash or the extends of the Kinetic Field barrier, unit should not be able to get past through.
    And your statement of "ban me if you want" implied you know full-well that the post you made was ban-worthy and you're angry when someone actually banned you?
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    And your statement of "ban me if you want" implied you know full-well that the post you made was ban-worthy and you're angry when someone actually banned you?
    Ban-worthy? This forum has hundreds of trolls and people who write shit, the mod could have just deleted his post instead of banning such an important member of this community. Just go at commons bug list and check how many bugs have been removed after being confirmed by ThoAppelsin.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    More so when the guy you went off on was actually AGREEING with you.
    He wasn't. Inform yourself properly if you want to argue about it. He was at least semi-off topic when he stated that you shouldn't be able to force through Kinetic Field or Leash, because the topic was not if you're able or unable to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by fakoykas View Post
    Ban-worthy? This forum has hundreds of trolls and people who write shit, the mod could have just deleted his post instead of banning such an important member of this community. Just go at commons bug list and check how many bugs have been removed after being confirmed by ThoAppelsin.
    Agree. The moderators do quite a lot to remove important posters from the forums and protecting forum trolls. They are better of actually moderating the forum to get better results, not to remove good contributors in order to let the trolls continue their flame baiting and off-topic-wannabe-behaviour.

OT: Confirmed. I find it pretty annoying, pressing Force Staff and ending up with it just on cooldown without any reaction. It makes me wonder if Phoenix' Icarus Dive bugs will be replicated here as well ... It feels extremely close to the countless annoying WC3 engine bugs.
    Last edited by Typhox; 12-02-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Basic Member
    there is another problem with this "workaround" (i cant call it a fix...)

Force staff cant be used not only inside Kinetic field, but outside too, if you stand close enogh.

And if you stand 50-100 units away from it you can use force staff to get inside field and it's a bug too.

Quoting the adrianlegg's comment on the initial thread from Critical Bugs section:

Quote Originally Posted by adrianlegg View Post
    [...]

In dota1 it should move forward until reaching barrier:

In dota2 it puts forcestaff on cooldown.

Both Kinetic & Pounce should behave as in dota1 in this case, (wasting cd is one of the worst possible interaction - no information given to player, no effects happening )
    And plus with the lunatic3k's find, this issue should be added to the List as a whole.

I like you Appelsin, but I do agree that you went to far with that post. You can't behave like that, specially if you want to be an example of good bugtester. Yes, that poster was useless, like others we get from time to time. But compared to other forums (or even other subforums), there aren't that many worthless posts. So move on and keep the good work. The moderation doesn't do much about some sub average posters, but sometimes it's hard to tell apart someone trying to waste others times from people that has language barriers, or is just very young.

The report is confirmed, documented and in the common bugs list (which, by the way, why isn't it merged with http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=53394&page=2?), so I don't see the need for agitation.

The report isn't documented in the list. If it is, then I cannot find it by searching for "force", "pounce" or "kinetic".
    This bug isn't related with the one you have linked. On the bug you have linked, Pudge casts dismember on a unit that is already being forced. This is completely different...

I won't explain this over and over, again and again. I am tired of this.