Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Duplicate] Chemical rage blocking damage+stun

Basic Member

[Duplicate] Chemical rage blocking damage+stun

Chemical rage blocking both Stun and Damage (in perfect timing if stun hits in transformation time)

Repro:
    -Get Vengeful spirit and Alchemist
    -Use magic missile on alchemist and just before the missile hits use Chemical rage
    -In perfect timing both the stun and damage get dodged (in dota1, only stun gets dodged)

Result -
    Damage+stun get dodged

Expected
    Only stun gets dodged
    Last edited by trena99; 04-12-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Basic Member
    My guess is that this is intended. It would also be fixed in Dota1 if it was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mospan View Post
    My guess is that this is intended. It would also be fixed in Dota1 if it was possible.
    You do not understand the purpose of DotA 2.
    DotA 2 has to be an exact replica of DotA All-Stars's mechanics, but using better looking, sounding aesthetics and generally easier controls.
    They couldn't have fixed bugs from 6.73 in DotA 2 already, that would cause paradoxes of catastrophic proportions, ripping the space time continuum and...
    *ahem* scuse me, my Doc Brown persona kicked in again.

Then they better forbid crits and bashes during Phase Boots effect.

Oh wait.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMcBrown View Post
    You do not understand the purpose of DotA 2.
    DotA 2 has to be an exact replica of DotA All-Stars's mechanics, but using better looking, sounding aesthetics and generally easier controls.
    They couldn't have fixed bugs from 6.73 in DotA 2 already, that would cause paradoxes of catastrophic proportions, ripping the space time continuum and...
    *ahem* scuse me, my Doc Brown persona kicked in again.
    it does not have to be an exact replica in mechanics, but they will try and get it as close as they can. Its quite possible that it was a known issue in dota 1, but because icefrog is busy with dota 2, they decided to fix it here and have it beta tested here where he has thousands of free testers and the resources of valve to do so. There are some bugs in dota 1 that are caused by wc3 that are not intended functionality. I'd say this is one of them.

With that being said...

Can you please be more descriptive of what you actual mean by "Avoid the self stun"? i played alchy several times last night and never had any problems throwing it without stunning myself. Though if the timer got down to around 0.5 seconds left, the animation time in throwing it meant that i'd probably stun myself. Is that what you mean? that you tried to throw it before the timer ran out and couldn't? or are you talking about something else involving bkb or repel? or are you talking about some exploit that you can not be stunned without trying to throw it without magic immunity.

You could disjoint any stun by activating ultimate at the right time. He then would proceed to run around with the stun circle above his head.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sterls View Post
    it does not have to be an exact replica in mechanics, but they will try and get it as close as they can. Its quite possible that it was a known issue in dota 1, but because icefrog is busy with dota 2, they decided to fix it here and have it beta tested here where he has thousands of free testers and the resources of valve to do so. There are some bugs in dota 1 that are caused by wc3 that are not intended functionality. I'd say this is one of them.

With that being said...

Can you please be more descriptive of what you actual mean by "Avoid the self stun"? i played alchy several times last night and never had any problems throwing it without stunning myself. Though if the timer got down to around 0.5 seconds left, the animation time in throwing it meant that i'd probably stun myself. Is that what you mean? that you tried to throw it before the timer ran out and couldn't? or are you talking about something else involving bkb or repel? or are you talking about some exploit that you can not be stunned without trying to throw it without magic immunity.
    i mean.. that if u time ur ulti well in dota1 u can escape getting self stun in the tranformation state.

Basic Member
    Whether it's intended or not, only Icefrog can say.
    Whether we want it to be intended or not is what we complain about here!

Being able to dodge your own stuns is a big deal as to Alchemist's skill cap. It's pretty difficult to time that in the heat of combat. I'm completely for copying over interesting, skillcap-increasing oddities from Dota1, so this is no exception.

Basic Member
    wow really? that's sounds completely against the design of the hero and the skill. I really hope that was never intended in the first place, and was most likely a bug in wc3. It says it stuns him, and he doesn't get any immunity when transforming, so it SHOULD stun him imo. That whole thing wreaks of an exploit.

Basic Member
    its not as easy as u think to avoid the stun in dota1