Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music stuttering

Basic Member

Music stuttering

The music is sometimes stuttering at the start of the game , especially when people are choosing heroes.
    I know it must be my crappy Pc but maybe somethign can be done ?

Btw , i love the whole sound in this game.For example, i ulti with sniper and I don't manage to kill , and sniper says something like: Oh i thought I got that one for sure, or smt like that.And the deny sound....just love it love it.

Awesome job whoever did the sound in this game.

Basic Member
    I agree on the laggy sounds, indeed also when picking heroes. It is not your PC, altho if you got a slow pc it lags more during loading time. I think it replays the picking sound during the loading time of your hero. For me it only repeats twice, and I got quite the PC, but for a friend of mine it replays the sound up to 5-6 times.

Basic Member
    Its doing this in the main menu now for me every time. Not gamebreaking but quite annoying. Its worth noting that I lag a bit when loading so this may be causing the issue. Is anyone with a top end pc getting this issue?

Basic Member
    The audio stutters for me when I pick my hero. I know it's a minor thing, but it would be nice to have it fixed.

Basic Member
    its absolutely 100% your PCs, i dont get any stuttering at all ever and i play on both my home pc and my work pc. You are most likely starving the audio thread with the asynchronous loading

Basic Member
    Also getting this during hero selection. I'm not sure it's PC related, I am running pretty high end rig btw. Well, if you know what's causing it...what can everyone do to fix.

Getting this as well.
    Really annoying.
    I've had this in practically all valve games, like TF2 as well.

I think it might be something audio codec related since I have it in all their games...

EDIT:
    I found a useful site
    http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_3.html CTRL+F stuttering
    Last edited by TheMonopolyGuy; 12-01-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Basic Member
    did u guys tried -d3d9ex it solved my menu stuttering

Basic Member
    I get it too, it is their task do stop that without us installing new codecs imo

this happens to me as well, not a big deal to me; I'm just adding in my voice so they know the problem is common