Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed]Desolate counts neutrals and hits siege engines.

[Fixed]Desolate counts neutrals and hits siege engines.

There are two bugs regarding desolate. I'll split it in another thread if you find that necessary, but the siege creep-related is so minor I don't think it deserves a thread.

Main bug:
    Desolate is counting Neutral units around the attacked hero, I assume because they're enemies to spectre. But since they're not allies of the attacked hero, Desolate should proc. Checked in WC3 6.73.

Minor bug:
    Desolate is hitting Siege engines under some conditions. I have been unable to completely isolate the bug, but apparently it uses the reverse logic of the heroes (if there's an enemy to spectre near the siege engine, it'll proc, if the siege engine is alone, it won't). But it's not 100% reliable, and I don't know what other parameter affects it.

Minor observation:
    The tooltip says 325 search range, and it looks like it's actually checking for 325 (though it's hard to say), while current search range for Desolate in WC3 dota is 350 (since 6.67). I guess it's just the result of the confusion related to hitboxes and skill ranges.

Basic Member
    It is 350 triggered AoE ~ 325 Hardcoded AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    It is 350 triggered AoE ~ 325 Hardcoded AoE.
    Do you know of any other skill that got its range translated from DotA to DotA2? Also, which skills are bugged, the hardcoded, the triggered, or both? (I'm talking about this report http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=56100)

Basic Member
    It has nothing to do with that since it is AoE and not cast range.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    It has nothing to do with that since it is AoE and not cast range.
    It does, maybe not covered in the OP of the thread, but AoE ranges are also bugged. For instance, Mirana's Starfall (it shows 175 range for the second hit ingame). http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=55628

Basic Member
    That again is not a bug, 175 triggered AoE. Since it is triggered is from the center of Princess and it will only include units who's center is inside the 175 radious circle. On the other hand attacks are from edge to edge of collision size "increasing" the AoE.

You're right, that's a bad report, I had assumed it was right. Thanks.

But I'm still confused about the math. I tested in WC3 DotA, and found that the second starfall (175) has the same range as Doombringer (150), but if I read your post right, you say it as if Doom should have 150+25 (his collision size) + 25 (attacked unit collision size), so he should be able to attack mirana without being hit by the second starfall. Is it because the range displayed at PD already has the collision size of the attacking unit added?
    Last edited by shalafi; 12-05-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Basic Member
    I had already reported the bug on siege unit 2 times so i confirm it

edit: here is the last replay i took some timestamp from:

match Id 44863727
    slightly after 26min40 of replay
    (slightly after 22 min in top mid clock)
    Last edited by miambox; 12-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Added to sticky as a general issue with Desolate. I know about the siege issue, but apparently we never added it to the list, sorry about that.

E: Doom's attack of 150 does not take into account the extra distance, it is 150 range from edge to edge. However, the 175 range does take into account the difference between hardcoded and triggered aoe. Its triggered aoe is actually 200 (center to center). So, the range is roughly the same for both.

But, note that the numbers at playdota only seem to account for triggered aoe vs hardcoded aoe spells. Target spells measure from edge to edge, like autoattacks, and this is not reflected at PD which seems to have unfortunately caused porting issues resulting in many spells having 25 less range than intended.
    Last edited by DLRevan; 12-05-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    It looks like they updated specters ability icons however this bug still hasn’t been fixed. I was hoping they would fix this bug since they started doing work on specter. Until they fix this bug desolate seems to be pretty useless as it rarely procs. Hopefully they fix it soon.