Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Timbersaw????

Basic Member
    They probably just tried something different, they might still change it back, I don't hate the name I just don't get at all why the change. Remember when Zeus was Zuus? Or when Storm Spirit was Queef Thundercheeks (or something like that)? Just wait till he is actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincitatus View Post
    Actually Timbersaw isn't that bad I find, actually much more descriptive than Goblin Shredder. With a name like that, you can't really be surprised he's going around smashing trees with a buzz saw machine.
    But Shredder sounds so much better and has more potential. Personally I wouldn't mind it so much if they would keep both. (Timbersaw the Shredder or Shredder the Timbersaw)

This is simply too big of a change. Here are some examples:

Thrall the Disruptor became Disruptor (the Stormcrafter). Nothing wrong with that since it still has the key part of his name. (Disruptor)
    Centaur Warchief became Centaur Warrunner. Nothing wrong with that since it still has the key part of his name. (Centaur)
    Nerubian Assassin became Nyx Assassin to avoid lawsuits. Nothing wrong with that.

Shredder becomes Timbersaw. That's completely unacceptable because it completely changes everything and there was no reason to do so, because nobody owns the rights to Shredder. Both TMNT and Blizzard have been able to use it for years without a problem. Unacceptable.
    Last edited by Captain Chalky; 12-06-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: added more stuff

Well, yep, time to be in the minority, I love Timbersaw. It sounds rizztastic, transfers the feel of the hero, removes all possible out of place TMNT references and, once again, sounds raktastic. Maybe that is because I never really got to see him in action and was never truly acquainted with the hero, not properly cementing the association chain in my mind. Regardless, there's at least one thing none can argue about: it won't sound as awkward to hear others call him by his name in rivalry lines and things like that because Timbersaw sounds more or less like a name, unlike Shredder.

Or maybe it is because I think that Shredder is now somehow a Blizzard copyright which is truly impossible but plausible in this case.

Regardless, the whole point of renaming him in the first place seems questionable to me. But hey, it's the people who dyed Silencer purple, which is absolutely disgusting. You better not doubt them. Or you are next.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 12-06-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

@1337_n00b: I'm with you, pal. I like Timbersaw as a name. It can replace Rizzark anyday. Timbersaw, the Shredder.
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowThanatos View Post
    @1337_n00b: I'm with you, pal. I like Timbersaw as a name. It can replace Rizzark anyday. Timbersaw, the Shredder.
    Rizzark is just so Wc3ish. I like Timbersaw, the Shredder as well.

i dont give a F* about thAt hero

Not surprised "Warrunner". I just want to know why are they changing names if they aren't copyright... Or even not giving names, like Anti-Mage the Anti-Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian of Hattes View Post
    I might just commit suicide now.
    Can you people stop being such bloody drama queens? You don't want to kill yourself, stop acting like a bloody child. You may complain about changes as much as you want - as long as you don't act like a dick about it - but drop the 'I am going to kill myself' bullshit. You want to kill yourself over a largely insignificant name change in a video game? A name change that very well might change back as well, since the hero has not actually been released yet? Stop overreacting.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Well, glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Timbersaw^^ As for why changing it, as for me I just think "Why not?". Some people in Valve must have thought it sounded better, and more like a name, so they went and did it.
    Then some people thought they should make Silencer purple, and .... and.... It is horrifying, but hey, at least it established what DOESN'T work. They need to find a color theme that is not gold and red because then he looks too much like DK.
    Though I must say, there seems to be some interesting things going at valve, between Timbersaw, the numerous recent model changes, the apparent model change of Medusa half-way through... Gotta admit, I actually like the fact that they seem willing to try new things. They can always turn them back or compromise afterwards, like with the Enchantress situation.
    Everyone has a story.

For a list of all fan lores of unreleased heroes, http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=37955.

Stop overreacting.
    That's additional drama points to emphasise the point. Useful in certain cases, usually intended to be interpreted lightheartedly. I'd know. I'm still a living being even though it's been about a month since that thing came back.

And let me punch an old theory to life - the driver became purple with the new texture updated. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Quite determined. Wicked even.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.