Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Timbersaw????

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Regardless, we are still not sure on how exactly the greevils' aging works. We have mainly seen teens and newborns so far, who knows what becomes of them later?
    That particular subject has already been mentioned quite a bit in the lore and lists thread^^ But you're right, I like the sound of Timbersaw being released around christmas, now I know who's gonna get all the chri... I mean Axemas trees.
    Everyone has a story.

For a list of all fan lores of unreleased heroes, http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=37955.

I think Woodchuck would have been a better name.

Basic Member
    regarding silencer, I think valve is blowing life to the term #swag again. FML

Basic Member
    Timbersaw is actually a pretty cool name in my opinion, and I'm happy they've decided to make him a keen after all.

People are used to Goblin Shredder and all, but that's just WC3. Lich isn't Kel'Thuzad anymore, and Disruptor isn't Thrall anymore. Gotta move on.

I welcome the name changes, but currently no idea whether it is going to be name or title.

Basic Member
    As long as people don't start calling him TS, I'm all fine with the name Timbersaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernoully View Post
    People are used to Goblin Shredder and all, but that's just WC3. Lich isn't Kel'Thuzad anymore, and Disruptor isn't Thrall anymore. Gotta move on.

I welcome the name changes, but currently no idea whether it is going to be name or title.
    Yes, but Kel'Thuzad the Lich is still the Lich, and Thrall the Disruptor is still the Disruptor. Pretty sure nobody cares about the names but the titles should remain as close to the original as possible (Nerubian Assassin/Nyx Assassin, Centaur Warchief/Centaur Warrunner...)

But yeah, nobody knows whether it's his name or title. Better be his name because everyone knows him as (Goblin) Shredder.

Banned
    I don't care what they call him, because his name will always be Rizzrak, the Goblin Shredder

or Rizzrak, the Shredder (protecting from copyright issues)
    Last edited by scubasteve; 12-06-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jywu View Post
    Even so, shredder is a common name, it's not like Nerubian or Pandaren where they has to change, they coul easily keep shredder, unless it's the fact that they are both goblin-like creatures that cut trees, thus considering they copied blizzard, if that is the case then I'm fine with the change to Timbersaw, but the name that should show in Dota 2 should be Rizzrak and not Timbersaw, it should always carry on from DotA 1 for consistency, every other hero did it.

The same thins happened to Magnataur, he couldn't be Magnataur so they changed it to Magnoceros, but the name he is known in Dota 2 is Magnus, not Magnoceros, just like Shredder should be Rizzrak and not Timbersaw.

edit: yeah but now that I think of it, it can't be because there are shredders in warcraft, the heroes Lich and Brewmaster are pretty much exact copies from the warcraft 3 heroes and they still kept their old titles, so they must have changed Shredder to Timbersaw because they personally preffered it.
    Last edited by Banethulhu; 12-07-2012 at 02:29 AM.