Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Increase team size limit

+1.

I think we do need this addition, Maybe make it that the top 5 are consider as the main roster but allow up to 30 people imo. For me it only happened once that my team was completly on.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

i dunno, a lot of you are suggesting outrageously large numbers (30, really?) but I agree that we need slots for dedicated standins, just as pro teams have the same guys they go to for standing in during tournaments. (Like Na'Vi with AdmiralBulldog before he was signed to nth)

Basic Member
    yebo

+1
    We are about 12-15 friends, and it rly sucks to kick everytime someone out of the team to invite another player, just because someone isn't online...
    Playing Dota with the new team matchmaking is rly fun for us, but this team limitation really sucks hard.

Rooster of maybe 15 players and then just group up 5 for team matchmaking would be nice.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weapon_penguin View Post
    i dunno, a lot of you are suggesting outrageously large numbers (30, really?) but I agree that we need slots for dedicated standins, just as pro teams have the same guys they go to for standing in during tournaments. (Like Na'Vi with AdmiralBulldog before he was signed to nth)
    Ppl in the lower ranks rarely/not always have a dedicated 5 man lineup, they are typically larger and play with whom ever is online. If THEY feel the need for 30, then THEY should get 30. Navi is not a good example, they should have 6 members maximum, as long as there is something to win in the ladder(in the future) ofc.

This needs to be implemented somehow, but don't forget that allowing larger teams would mess heavily with the team's rating when looking for balanced matches. You'd pretty much have to give each combination of a teams players a separate rating, which wouldn't really work unless each combination played a lot of matches (or the rating would be highly inaccurate).

+1, but they would have to do it right

You have more than 100 heroes to chose from and only 5 players?
    Unfair I say!

+1
    would help out groups of friends that are larger than 5 too!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berra_la View Post
    This needs to be implemented somehow, but don't forget that allowing larger teams would mess heavily with the team's rating when looking for balanced matches. You'd pretty much have to give each combination of a teams players a separate rating, which wouldn't really work unless each combination played a lot of matches (or the rating would be highly inaccurate).

+1, but they would have to do it right
    why would a team add players of lower solo skill to their roster and let them fuck up the overall ranking?
    why would a team play with diff lineup if they have massive teamplay deficit?

Basic Member
    Please Valve, add more slots! For casual players, which have real lifes and aren't all the time online and at the same time, it's really difficult to have always the same 5 player roster. At least 10-15 should be fine! We're like 12 friends, and our team is changing constantly! Thanks for hearing us!