Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Denied creeps while under Astral Imprisonment give XP

Banned

[Confirmed] Denied creeps while under Astral Imprisonment give XP

As pretty much EVERYONE who talks about OD says (including people like Tobiwan and other casters), If OD denies a creep while his enemy is under the effect of Astral imprisonment/Disruption, that enemy should get the creep denied completely and get NO experience for it.

Reproduction:
    - pick a hero (in my case DK)
    - create an enemy OD (-createhero obsi enemy)
    - createhero Ranged enemy (for creating a ranged creep)
    - levelbots 25, then max Astral Imprisonment and Stats
    - use your own hero (DK) to bring the creep low HP
    - Banish your own hero (DK), then deny the creep while he is banished

Result:
    - You got still quite a lot of XP

Expected Result:
    - You shouldn't have got any XP.

For Reference:
    - http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1197242

Annotations:
    - Pretty much everyone, including casters like Tobiwan think that denied creeps don't give XP (that it's the same as in DotA 1). It's pretty annoying seeing everyone spreading those misinformation.

Last edited by Typhox; 09-17-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Basic Member
    Did you test it in dota1?its the same or not?

Basic Member
    it's same for hex, maybe it was intended change...

Basic Member
    I hope I'm not spreading false information here but in DotA 1 there were always people claiming the 0 experience deny with astral imprisonment was just a common misconception/didn't actually exist.

I have no idea if these people were actually right, I never tested it, just saying you should test this in DotA 1 to be sure, if you haven't already.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipa_Herb View Post
    Did you test it in dota1?its the same or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    I hope I'm not spreading false information here but in DotA 1 there were always people claiming the 0 experience deny with astral imprisonment was just a common misconception/didn't actually exist.

I have no idea if these people were actually right, I never tested it, just saying you should test this in DotA 1 to be sure, if you haven't already.
    I just tested it in DotA 1. It's exactly like I stated in the OP.
    If you deny a creep while your enemy is under the effect of Astral Imprisonment, he doesn't get any XP.
    I'm not too sure however whether it's not a bug in DotA 1, because it seems that you also don't get any XP if the creep just dies (without deny)...

I research the topic on playdota ...
    Fact is only, that it is different in Dota 2, so it counts as a bug (valid!). I am only trying to find out if it could be an intentional bug fix for DotA 1. However, without any official statement (and I am pretty sure I'll never see one ), it's unknown. Unintended or not, it's quite a big nerf to OD (just like the Essence Aura proccing rules).
    Last edited by Typhox; 12-08-2012 at 12:02 AM.

IIRC, this was because it hides the unit, and unlike regular XP, deny XP needs a trigger that fails to find hidden units because it uses an inbuilt function from WC3. I would say that the interaction in WC3 existed accidentally, but I agree that it's quite a change for OD's lanning phase. But I wouldn't expect it to get changed back, considering there are many other hidden buffs/nerfs result of more consistent programming. But since the numbers are being balanced for DotA2 anyway, OD will most likely receive buffs.

I remember that I tested it back when OD was released on DotA2 and it worked exactly the other way (banished heroes got deny XP but not regular XP), but I guess the interaction got removed altogether at some point.

What Essence Aura rules are you talking about? Some item? Or skills from other heroes that no longer work?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shalafi View Post
    What Essence Aura rules are you talking about? Some item? Or skills from other heroes that no longer work?
    Yes, the number of items that can trigger Essence Aura got reduced from 20 to 5.

It's probably the same with SD Disruption

Unnecessary nerfs to both hero's lanning even if this is intentional

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    I am now speaking for DotA 1.

You didn't get any experience while under Astra Imprisonment. This was however changed due to balance issues. So all those casters saying you shouldn't get xp under Astra imprisonment are wrong. It was fixed. You can test this in the latest DotA 1 map and you will get experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Yes, the number of items that can trigger Essence Aura got reduced from 20 to 5.
    W... what? I never heard about that.

I mean, which of these don't trigger aura:
    Eul, Hex, Veil, Pipe, Forcestaff, Mek, Orchid, Dagon, Necrobook??

Is there a thread for this issue? I can't find it.