Thread: Is it a f***** bug?

Basic Member

Is it a f***** bug?

Puck cant use phase shift while chained by ember spirit? Chain is not a stun or slience or w/e. It doesn't block spell usage why is it fucking blocking phase shift???!!!!

Icefrog plz fix it.

why dont you just test it on wc3 before you make yourself look like a crybaby here?

You'll probably come here to cry when you play am/qop and you cant blink out of net.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    why dont you just test it on wc3 before you make yourself look like a crybaby here?
    Doesn't sound any better.

You'll probably come here to cry when you play am/qop and you cant blink out of net.
    Well, but it is mentioned in the tooltip And Phase Shift is not a blink. I can Astral Imprison myself in the net just fine. So your logic doesn't work well. Either it's a bug or an inconsistency, but either way it looks like it's illogical.

And btw, Chains are stun enough to cancel Icarus Dive^^

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Doesn't sound any better.

Well, but it is mentioned in the tooltip And Phase Shift is not a blink. I can Astral Imprison myself in the net just fine. So your logic doesn't work well. Either it's a bug or an inconsistency, but either way it looks like it's illogical.

And btw, Chains are stun enough to cancel Icarus Dive^^
    You seem to miss the point in OP saying that chains "doesn't block spell usage" and by his logic you could say net "doesn't block spell usage" but it stops certain spells. As I deleted wc3 a long time ago I can't test but that doesn't make it illogical just because you believe it doesn't make sense.

Banned
    You seem to miss the point in OP saying that chains "doesn't block spell usage" and by his logic you could say net "doesn't block spell usage" but it stops certain spells. As I deleted wc3 a long time ago I can't test but that doesn't make it illogical just because you believe it doesn't make sense.
    Okay, you're right.

Still, it doesn't answer the question.

Why can I astral imprison myself, but not phase shift? Given that the net follows any logic/rules/ideas.

Because Phase Shift is one of the very few spells in WC3 which get disabled by Ensnares/Entangles. Why? For balance reasons. Fearie Dragons are flying units, so netting them gets them down. If you could just phase shift during that, then it would basically nullify the net. Phase Shift has quite low cooldown in the ladder game, too.
    Did it get taken over into DotA1? Yes, and after a while in Dota2, too and you could basically give the same reason. Phase Shift is a quite powerful spell and you still can use orb and jaunt during nets.
    Please, just call me buny.