Thread: Announcers seem to be disabled when spectating live games.

Basic Member

Announcers seem to be disabled when spectating live games.

My Pirate announcer doesn't kick in when spectating

I just realized as I turned up the volume on my client. It works correctly when playing.

You also can't select your announcer from the menu in the HUD. It only shows the default announcer.

And yes I have both normal and megakill announcers equipped.

Basic Member
    ive got the same problem.

I mostly watch my friends and Tournaments and my pirate announcer doesnt seem to work in that spectator system within dota at all !
    (got both announcer and mega kill and equiptet them to player slot)
    I dont hear him or even got the option to select it under announcers ingame.

Please fix that. After paying so much for it and then I cannot hear him ...

Basic Member
    Bringing thip up again. I just bought the Bastion announcer and it simply doesn't work. It's disabled in CM lobbies, it's disabled while watching tourney games, it's disabled while watching non-CM games... basically you can only hear his all pick lines which is pretty lame. One of the great things about the announcer is the number of responses it has.

He doesn't say his "welcome to dota" lines, he doesn't react to swearing / gl hf (which he's supposed to I think?). He seems to say goodbye when you quit DOTA but it's kind of bugged and it only works when you're in-game and you're quitting. In short most of his lines simply won't trigger which is really sad

He does on the other hand react to an early "gg", but apart from that and announcing what game mode you're playing there's very little he says.

Apart from this, he's completely disabled in CM and spectator mode. Please fix the announcers, Pirate and Jugg are broken too, dunno about the others.

I have the bastion announcer as well. I've noticed if I spectate off of a friend, that all the spectating stuff works normally. Like inspecting heroes to look at their items and my announcers work fine. I can even choose an announcer from someone in the game. When I watch from the spectate list however, I get the default everything and can't inspect heroes. So it seems like something screwed up in the process of getting it working in every part of spectating.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathCyclops View Post
    I have the bastion announcer as well. I've noticed if I spectate off of a friend, that all the spectating stuff works normally. Like inspecting heroes to look at their items and my announcers work fine. I can even choose an announcer from someone in the game. When I watch from the spectate list however, I get the default everything and can't inspect heroes. So it seems like something screwed up in the process of getting it working in every part of spectating.
    I have the inspect hero problem as well and I've made a thread about it too. My announcer is disabled if I open a CM custom match as well.

Basic Member
    Please fix.

Basic Member
    Please fix.

Basic Member
    +1 Please fix it

Still nothing about this huh? I can't choose announcers or see items anymore when spectating friends now when I could before, so it's completely disabled across the board now. Kinda sucks.