Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rizzrack, the Timbersaw (Official Lore)

Quote Originally Posted by Commoble View Post
    What the hell? No he doesn't.
    It would help not having a personal agenda against greevils if you want to avoid the greevil talk. That's a greevilman in a greevilsuit if I ever saw one.

I like the way this character is done because it brings some more insight about the lands of Augury.
    The treant protectors openly attacked Rizzrack's town. I find that interesting due to Rooftrellen's lore, in which it's only described that invaders of their high woods were being killed. So, when did they decide to attack a town - in a bay, definitely not in some woods in the mountains - in relation to when they decided to send out Roof to explore the outside races?

I think that we can safely assume that, first the treants lived with the intruders for some years (with each passing winter the outsiders grew bolder) which is also supported with the fact more than one generation of small keens lived in Augury (Uncle's Workshop). Then they sent out Roof who after wandering until winter (until the glaciers arose once more) went back to the protectors and told them what he saw. That is when they all decided to go down from the woods and take action the following Spring as the (blanket of flowers) and (flood of polen) in Rizz's dream seems to imply was the start of it all.
    So Rizz's lore happens directly AFTER Roof's.

Speculation, but the two lores can be assembled for a semblance of chronology at least.
    Last edited by Dr Quint; 12-13-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    Yea, but I think they need to modify it a little bit. He rly looks like a greevil.
    Closer to Alch if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    Yea, but I think they need to modify it a little bit. He rly looks like a greevil.
    His eyes, nose, face, mouth, teeth, head, body shape, and lore all are noticeably different than a Greevil. There is nothing to even modify. Rizzrack has more physical similarities with Razzil Darkbrew.

And besides, it's Razzil and Rizzrack. That counts for something, too.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Yeah, what with that naming sense, they're probably from the same race.

Also. Dr Quint. Heed your own advice. People arguing against Alchy and Rizz being Greevils aren't the only ones trying to push their own personal agendas. And speaking in absolutes doesn't help to portray impartiality and logical thinking.

If you dig around, you'll see images of Greevils in-game. And they're much larger than Alchemist and Rizzrack (just one thing amongst the various other differences they have from these two). People could argue that they just shrink when they grow older. That's fine, but only if they can accept that others will say that they're grasping at straws.

I mention Prophet because the Treant Protectors hardly show any proactive traits, and because there is a reference to a 'flood'. If the Treants attacked the town, it would imply they had either debated the notion for innumerable years (they had already debated so long to consider sending out Roof as a scout, how long would they take to debate the marshaling of a raiding force?), or they are in the grip of some madness or controlling force.

Instead it seems more likely that the perpetrator/s is Nature's Prophet or something similar. The bay is flooded. Flowers explode into lethal pollen. While technically NP is only able to teleport, sprout trees, animate trees and zap people, the actual breadth of his abilities likely extend beyond that to encompass all facets of nature.

Some or all of it is also likely to be a result of Rizzack's insanity. For that reason, we will probably never know what really happened, because you wouldn't trust the only known remaining witness with a toothpick.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Come to think about it, his story seems heavily inspired by, or at least very similar to, the battle of Isengard in Lord of the Rings where the Ents attacked the 'city' in question, slaughtering its' goblinoid and orcish population, and delivering the final blow by destroying the dam, which resulted in a massive flood. They did all this because of deforestation caused by Isengard's denizens, which needed trees to maintain their war industry.

I wouldn't dismiss neither NP nor treant, but if I had to bet on one of them, I'd say that it was treant and his folk.

DLRevan: It could be that Treants are just another natural 'trap' in the Augury? The other kinds of plant life mentioned attacking Rizzrack's home are obviously from TP's Lore. Also:

These ageless, titanic beings, charged with keeping the peace in this dangerous land, ensure that none within encroach without reason, and none without poach their secrets
    It seems likely that it WAS the Treant Protectors who attacked.

Also, I think you were a bit confused as to just what they were hesitating about. They were curious about what was happening in the "outside world" since, presumably, they had never before seen the Keen. Think of them like an isolationist country; it's not that they're slow to come to a decision, it's just that they're very traditional and are wary of the "new" and of changing.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    DLRevan: It could be that Treants are just another natural 'trap' in the Augury? The other kinds of plant life mentioned attacking Rizzrack's home are obviously from TP's Lore. Also:

It seems likely that it WAS the Treant Protectors who attacked.

Also, I think you were a bit confused as to just what they were hesitating about. They were curious about what was happening in the "outside world" since, presumably, they had never before seen the Keen. Think of them like an isolationist country; it's not that they're slow to come to a decision, it's just that they're very traditional and are wary of the "new" and of changing.
    I think they are both. But I'm not dismissing either NP or the Protectors. I guess what I'm saying is that it matters little, and that it is Nature's retaliation through one of its intermediaries. You do make a good point about the Protectors anyway.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.